Active Topics

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Maybe they will cause one of them is not Meego compliant. And Nokia has stated they will release one Meego phone.

Soo maybe they meant one Meego "compatible" and one fully compliant :-D
I don't think one needs a separate phone to make it compliant. It's the OS issue, not the hardware.

Didn't a recent post copied here say an advertising company annouced they were shooting an advert for new Nokia device only a few days ago, is this the advert they were shooting?

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Well, I guess it's official then. It is coming! "Our Next Sense" - does this mean, our next OS, after Symbian? Probably not. I thought their "next sense" back in February was Windows Phone.

Maybe this "sense" is the next one, before WP. I am pretty excited by this teaser. I'm officially teased!!
I think you are right, I think this is old, as in from summer of last year when the Meego N9 was still to be the next top dog.

In the video you see him scrolling through updates (between secs 21 and 22) where one news item reads:
New York Times - NYC Area Lands 2014 Superbowl, that news item was published May 25 2010

I´ve tried to verify by finding the status updates on the screen at secs 24-25, "Sarah Orlanci" and Jennifer Joan/Jean Nelson (to see if they existed) but I´ve not found anything yet.

Last edited by olighak; 2011-05-17 at 16:30.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by ericj23 View Post
no designated number keys - same old stinknig 3 row keyboard and looks very much like symbian

Is this actually the meego device at all?
Strange, the E7 has four rows. Maybe they do not want to rewrite the keyboard driver form the N900?

The device looks as big as the E7 too, so it is strange it is not sharing the same keyboard.

By the way, the E7 keyboard is an improvement on the N900... much easier to type. It is almost a pity there is no xterm in Symbian.

The screen looks more like the N900 than the E7. I hope I am wrong, since the E7 screen is much nicer in daylight (and apparently draws less current).

All in all, nice device, anyway.

Good catch. That advert indeed can be a year old.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I said all along it was a hoax and now it is looking more that way.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
There is a TV & Video icon --> might have a tv tuner?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
15 screenshots from video, The bezel is so Small makes it look beautiful
I WANT IT NAOW

http://thehandheldblog.com/2011/05/1...ndheld+Blog%29

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I think you're looking into it too much, if it was a hoax, then why did it slip out just now? ....

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Good catch. That advert indeed can be a year old.
No it can't.
There were no Symbian Anna icons one year ago...

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland