Notices

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Yes, they stopped to support Maemo / Meego several weeks ago. There was a Thread where it was announced.
An they stopped also the development of Aura (the successor of mobile maps) for MeeGo.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I found the post I talked about earlier: Link

Originally Posted by SygicSupport View Post
Dear customers and fans,

I want to let you know we decided to stop sales of Mobile Maps for Maemo. We will also remove the trial app from Ovi Store.

Selling the app to new customers creates commitment for us to care for the customers in the future. It also generates expectations for existing customers we may not be able to meet.

We also decided to put our MeeGo project on hold. We may restart the project in the future. For now, no development. We will update feedback.sygic.com respectively.

Sorry for bad news.

Kind regards,

Samo Jurdik
Online Channels Director
Really sad. It worked nice at 800MHz and I thought about buying a second licence for my backup N900. Just in case...
But in my opinion there was no need to shut down the repo.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
well what do folks like myself do? just purchased late April..and had to reflash. now that the repo is down i can not reinstall. tried contacting sygic support but nothing. what to do?

Same here. What to do now? Any suggestions?

Well this is no surprise at all. Expect other companies to do the same. in the future. (Rovio for example)

The Following User Says Thank You to aligatro For This Useful Post:
Stopping support is one thing, but not letting owners to reactivate is not acceptable.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to haja For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by haja View Post
Stopping support is one thing, but not letting owners to reactivate is not acceptable.
exactly. i dont care if they never update the software but closing the repo is totally unacceptable for customers who have spent money on their product. in fact leaving the repo enabled probably wouldnt have been any skin off their teeth . not like anyone who doesnt already have a license could access anything from it anway.

I just bought this in the sale a few months ago, seems well featured. I'm disappointed they've closed the repo. Is that legal to just cut support for a product so it cannot be used if you reflash?

Originally Posted by Dead1nside View Post
I just bought this in the sale a few months ago, seems well featured. I'm disappointed they've closed the repo. Is that legal to just cut support for a product so it cannot be used if you reflash?
I think they suck. I will never ever give them any more of my hard earned cash. I bought the Traffic Update addon only a few months ago, now it doesn't work because it can't find the website, and the repository has been removed by a company that doesn't know the meaning of customer service or obligations of a vendor. I have written to them via the other thread asking how to claim my full refund for the product and the Traffic module, both of which have been rendered useless to my by their stupid and possibly illegal action.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Thats really a big shame! I use Sygic maps a lot for driving and am a happy user. Prefer them compared to OVI maps as the data seems to better in Switzerland. Also the audio support is quite good to me.

So what do I have to do in case I have to reflash? Are the demo files still available in the OVI store? but I guess they will anyway be useless as I will not be able to activate the software.
Thats really a big shame!
Good to me that I always have an up to date OS+Opt backup image to play back in case something goes wrong.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Tags
buysomethinelse, goodbye sygic