Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
It shows some nice hints like the 12Mpix camera, if anyone's interested I could make pics out of it for a gallery
I did so anyways, here is a gallery of pictures from the N9 advertisement video to digest. It shows some inteserting hints to debate.

If these images are blurry this is either because it was intentionally filmes out of focus, or because of the lack of FPS in the youtube-video. It was viewed in 1080P and screenshots were taken whilse in fullscreen.

Some clues I managed to find:
- Exterior looks like the leaked one if not the same. Slim and aluminum?
- 12MP AF Carl Zeiss optics Tessar 2.8/28
- Front facing camera
- onscreen kayboard layout
- taskswitcher harmattan/meego style and like the leaked iphone5 video
- Some more less interesting ones

For the rest well, let's enhance a bit or use our rusty detective skills once more..

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:
From Electric Pig website :

12 megapixel camera spotted (0:11)
Skip to 11 seconds in and you’ll get a quick glimpse of the camera sensor on the back of the Nokia N9: it’s a 12MP Carl Zeiss jobbie complete with auto focus. That’s music to our ears and eyes, as it means it should match the Nokia N8 for stunning mobile pics.

Ovi Maps is coming to Meego (0:17)
This was likely filmed before Nokia’s big branding switch this week to drop the “Ovi”, but Nokia’s excellent mapping service is present on the Nokia N9 MeeGo’s menu screens. That should come as no surprise given that it was also present n the Maemo powered Nokia N900, but that lacked turn by turn navigation. Which brings us to the next curiosity:

Ovi Drive (0:44)
Yeah, what the hell is Ovi Drive? It’s possible it could be a cloud storage service, Dropbox style, but the icon appears to suggest road traffic. Perhaps it’s the turn by turn part of Ovi Maps broken out into a separate app, as Google Maps Navigation is on Android.

Card based multitasking (0:24)
As a successor to Maemo, we expected multitasking with panes showing the live state of an app, and that appears to be what you get, as you can see in shots peppered through the clip.

A non-broken onscreen keyboard (0:28)
The Nokia N9 appears to have a slide out QWERTY keyboard akin to the Nokia E7′s, though this has been known about for some time. What’s more of a relief to see is an onscreen QWERTY keyboard that isn’t Symbian’s, whichh we’ve cursed on regular occasion for its grid like layout. Here, the lines are slightly asymmetric, so that they all line up in the centre. Excellent!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RogueElement For This Useful Post:
the first preproduction n900's went around if i am not mistaken at a maemo summit lets keep our finger crossed for a few n9/50 at the approaching meego summit /conference

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
What annoys me is that the UI must be 'shopped in. Nothing Nokia ever produced was that smooth and responsive. Have you seen that baby? Reminds me of N900 commercials where people just drag video over twitter over browser over notes. Yeah. We all know how that goes on a 600 MHz.

Oh well, looks promising (though it is IMO uglier than N900). Though I can't really picture it being that smooth and fast. If it is, I'm all over it.

Also, does it come in black? :P

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It looks definitely like MeeGo.
So now we can just guess if it's meego or hamattan with a meego handset like ui ontop of it.
But I'm nearly sure that it is hamattan because nokia doesn't work with meego since they have that silly relationship with ms.

Well, this confirms that it's a 4-row keyboard. The left-down-right cursor buttons have to be below the up button. And what is that slot on the side? It doesn't look like a micro-USB, and they wouldn't put a micro-SD slot there, and it's too big for a microphone...

So it must be the right speaker!

Name:  19angledkblayouthinge.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  23.4 KB

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by crabsody View Post
Why buy it when I know that Nokia has abandoned Meego for Windows? When I know that it has no future? Yes I love my N900. For sure N9 will be great but....
it actually does have a future. The plan is to get the harmattan code compatible with base meego. That way when meego is updated every 4 months, nokia phones will be able to get those updates..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sevla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
CCSU team, please don't listen to the sirens's song and don't abandon N900!!

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
This device will never go on sale ask @zehjotkah he said its only for developers, there is second device coming for end users

EDIT: so get your arses to MeeGo Conf b/c thats probably reason why they needed FCC clearance to give them out there to participants in US.

Last edited by NvyUs; 2011-05-17 at 20:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Who cares what it is running when we have Gods among us who go under such names as Smoku and Cordia Project!!! Nokia can send us whatever OS/UI they want, we will tweak it!

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland