Active Topics

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
I just got a sinking feeling for a second: what if the hw version is just the dev one, and the all touchscreen is the consumer one? THAT would be AWFUL
i thought that, but the fact the video has the HW one makes me think that's not the case

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
What annoys me is that the UI must be 'shopped in. Nothing Nokia ever produced was that smooth and responsive. Have you seen that baby? Reminds me of N900 commercials where people just drag video over twitter over browser over notes. Yeah. We all know how that goes on a 600 MHz.

Oh well, looks promising (though it is IMO uglier than N900). Though I can't really picture it being that smooth and fast. If it is, I'm all over it.

Also, does it come in black? :P
Nearly every electronic product ad does this. It's nothing new.

looks like that it includes that clear black tech. we keep hearing about...

The Following User Says Thank You to superhero For This Useful Post:
loosk pretty... looks like a decent last nokia phone :/.

i wish they added a xenon flash, dualled doesnt cut it, especially for 12mpx camera phone

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Banstead UK
The device looks a beautiful, I'll try keeping my hopes in check. I'm not impressed by the FCC filed LJRM-680 (N9) battery BL-4D (1200MAh). I understand that it's probably the best they could do given how thin the device appears to be. To be honest if the CPU and RAM are high spec battery life is something you can live with.
Difficult to tell what OS it's running but my gut says not Symbian. Let's see what a tease though.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This... actually looks great. Hardware is in place, now let's hope that the software will be in place to support it - community and 3rd part vendors.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This... actually looks great. Hardware is in place, now let's hope that the software will be in place to support it - community and 3rd part vendors.
Holy cow! A positive comment about Nokia from gerbick! This thing MUST be great!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
1.2GHz Snapdragon processor,
a dedicated gaming engine, a 4.2 inch AMOLED touchscreen,
a slide out QWERTY keypad,
a 12 megapixel camera with 720p HD video capture,
3G speeds, and 64GB of built-in memory.
Although unconfirmed, the Nokia N9-00 is likely to launch before June 24th

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
is this device going to provide provisioning for corporate email??

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
I am ready to part with my money if Nokia doesn't **** this up. I want this in the black aluminum like the N8 though.

Oh, and I'm guessing USB Hostmode is standard on this, and it's packing a TI processor for another round of overclocking.

My only problem with it is, there's no camera cover. I'm perfecly fine with having a N8-style bulge in the back.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland