Notices

Originally Posted by willkr View Post
i want translate mscimswitcher_status.py
but it do not work...

mscimswitcherstatus can not work in UTF-8?
Hi willkr,

please try the attached package. Once it is installed, edit the text strings in the file /home/user/.config/mscimswitcherstatus/strings.utf8.

Let me know if it works, and please send me your translations file (strings.utf8) when it is done.

I will do translations properly in the future, using GNU Gettext, the recommended way, but for now this seems to work.
Attached Files
File Type: deb mscimswitcherstatus_0.2.5-1_armel.deb (5.1 KB, 78 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
Hi willkr,

please try the attached package. Once it is installed, edit the text strings in the file /home/user/.config/mscimswitcherstatus/strings.utf8.

Let me know if it works, and please send me your translations file (strings.utf8) when it is done.

I will do translations properly in the future, using GNU Gettext, the recommended way, but for now this seems to work.
It is work after reboot.

it is chinese translations file
Attached Files
File Type: zip strings.zip (344 Bytes, 82 views)

Last edited by willkr; 2011-05-17 at 08:35.

Version 0.3.0 Change Log
  • Converted translations to GNU Gettext. Translations for French (fr_FR) and Chinese Simplified (zh_CN) included.

Translations Needed! Can you help?
  • Chinese Traditional
  • Japanese (variants?)
  • Korean
  • Thai
  • Malaysian
  • Cambodian

And any other languages also welcome!

There are only about 10 pieces of text to translate. If you can help, please reply to this thread or send me a PM.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
friend, the latest version I cant use mscim in conversation, others OK, example? notes.

I tried close and open conversation also nil help

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
friend, the latest version I cant use mscim in conversation, others OK, example? notes.

I tried close and open conversation also nil help
This is why I included the option to restart Conversations windows. The processes named 'rtcom-messaging-ui' need to be restarted each time you switch. Closing the Conversations windows does not do this - the process must be killed.

If you start your phone with MSCIM enabled it should always stay enabled for Conversations unless you kill 'rtcom-messaging-ui', but if you Suspend SCIM the Conversations windows will freeze.

Have I made it a bit clearer to understand?

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
@Xagoln,

Many thanks for your guiding !

Enclosed please find the attached Translations of Traditional Chinese. Thanks and have a nice day ~
strings_cht.zip

The Following User Says Thank You to shawwawa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shawwawa View Post
@Xagoln,

Many thanks for your guiding !

Enclosed please find the attached Translations of Traditional Chinese. Thanks and have a nice day ~
Attachment 20202
Thanks Shawwawa,
in fact I just got Traditional Chinese translations last night, from Amandalam! If I knew you were working on them I wouldn't have asked her

Do you have extras-devel repository set up on your phone?

If so, please upgrade like this:

Code:
$ root
# apt-get update && apt-get install mscimswitcherstatus

there has a problem.
when "startup with scim" option choosen, but mscim not installed, it will cause N900 cannot boot.
when booting, gtk immodule is setting to use mscim, but mscim not existed. I think you need ensure mscim is installed, then do this setup.
and, some mcip user tell me, It't cannot switch im in qt application.

Originally Posted by foolegg View Post
there has a problem.
when "startup with scim" option choosen, but mscim not installed, it will cause N900 cannot boot.
when booting, gtk immodule is setting to use mscim, but mscim not existed. I think you need ensure mscim is installed, then do this setup.
Hi foolegg, thanks for the feedback. The package depends on eithe the 'scim' or 'mscim' package. I think it would be impossible to install without having one of these two packages installed.

Did somebody have a problem? Which version were they using?

and, some mcip user tell me, It't cannot switch im in qt application.
I haven't looked at supporting Qt applications yet. I will investigate.

@Xagoln,

It's ok, good to know that Amandalam already offered it to you.

Amandalam is one of tier one maemo app. developer and she got the highest respect among the users in China, Hong kong and Taiwan.

Thanks for your notice, I just upgraded ver0.3.1-1 via. Repos. and it looks fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to shawwawa For This Useful Post: