Notices

Originally Posted by shawwawa View Post
@Xagoln,
Amandalam is one of tier one maemo app. developer and she got the highest respect among the users in China, Hong kong and Taiwan.
Yes, she is a star and does great work.

Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
Hi foolegg, thanks for the feedback. The package depends on eithe the 'scim' or 'mscim' package. I think it would be impossible to install without having one of these two packages installed.

Did somebody have a problem? Which version were they using?
Some mcip user feedback this problem, after they uninstall mscim. N900 cannot boot.

then I read you changelog, found :

Now depends on either the 'scim' or the 'mscim' Maemo packages
and read "either" to "neither".......some I get a wrong result...

sorry for my careless.

Originally Posted by foolegg View Post
Some mcip user feedback this problem, after they uninstall mscim. N900 cannot boot.
Oh dear, that is very unfortunate and please pass my apologies to the user. I suppose that would be possible with no SCIM. Was the user using the 'scim' package instead of 'mscim'? Because the dependency on 'mscim' existed from the very first release. I added the alternative of 'scim' only in v0.0.5.

Originally Posted by Change Log
v0.0.5
Now depends on either the 'scim' or the 'mscim' Maemo packages
I could add the below code to the startup script for mscimswitcherstatus and make it run only if SCIM is not found, but it should be impossible now with the dependency on ( scim | mscim ).

Code:
gtk-query-immodules > /etc/gtk.immodules
Originally Posted by foolegg View Post
then I read you changelog, found :
and read "either" to "neither".......some I get a wrong result...
sorry for my careless.
No problem! Thanks for the feedback.

I have been experimenting with uninstalling and reinstalling the package over the last few days, to ensure the process is clean and safe.

I strongly recommend all users upgrade to the current build (there are no new features, just better safeguards in the install/uninstall scripts).

If you have the extras-devel repository enabled, the recommended way to upgrade is using the Application Manager. Simply Update, then Download and search for mscim, select 'mscimswitcherstatus' and install.

Or, from X Terminal (as root):

Code:
 apt-get update && apt-get install mscimswitcherstatus
Otherwise, use the package attached to the first post of this thread.

Last edited by Xagoln; 2011-05-21 at 02:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
I was thinking I could add an option to set Conversations to always use MSCIM. That would mean we would never need to kill Conversations windows when switching between Hildon/MSCIM for the rest of the system.

Would anyone be interested in this feature, if I can make it work?

EDIT: Actually, this would not work with the battery-saving feature, so would only be the same as the default settings ("Don't suspend SCIM" and "Don't kill RTCOM/Conversations")

So, please ignore me!

Last edited by Xagoln; 2011-05-21 at 04:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
I was thinking I could add an option to set Conversations to always use MSCIM. That would mean we would never need to kill Conversations windows when switching between Hildon/MSCIM for the rest of the system.

Would anyone be interested in this feature, if I can make it work?

EDIT: Actually, this would not work with the battery-saving feature, so would only be the same as the default settings ("Don't suspend SCIM" and "Don't kill RTCOM/Conversations")

So, please ignore me!
Agree!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
btw, just installed this and I can happily say it works as it should. =)
Now I can easily switch between MSCIM and Hildon for vkb. Great stuff.

Hi All, if I want to input in chinese, do I have to install mscim first? Or I just install the file that already in post 1, no need mscim?

Pls help, what should I install first?
I really need to input chinese on my n900.

Thanks before

Last edited by chris.ho; 2011-07-08 at 08:37.

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by chris.ho View Post
Hi All, if I want to input in chinese, do I have to install mscim first? Or I just install the file that already in post 1, no need mscim?

Pls help, what should I install first?
I really need to input chinese on my n900.

Thanks before
You need to install mscim first, this is just a switcher tool to allow one to switch between hildon and mscim inputs.

Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
You need to install mscim first, this is just a switcher tool to allow one to switch between hildon and mscim inputs.
in app. manager, when I type "mscim", there are so many files.
Which one that I should install?

Pls help, thanks