Active Topics

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=903109&postcount=1
theres the post on the mailing list posted december as you can see they was reworking UI.
I want my widgets

The Following User Says Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
And if you need further proof , i can confirm it.

The QWERTY device is for developers only. The keyboard less variant is the one which you will want once you see it. Better specs , beautiful device. Consumer oriented and not too far away. Will not go in to specifics for obvious reasons
This is such bu11shit.. i h8 when companies try to tell me what i want.. If i want the qwerty device why can't i just buy one.. Nokia is so f*cking frustrating..

The Following User Says Thank You to sevla For This Useful Post:
N8 as no LED
N8 has AF lamp which glows red when recording video.

Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
Yes there will be only one device. And that will be the commercial device. Developer device does not count as it is not sold. Makes sense ?

Oh and as you would know currently there are absolutely no plans for another one after this commercial device. It would need a massive amount of consumer interest to change that decision. But i think this much is obvious.
you are even more ridiculous when you don't try then when you do
if the developer device is NOT going to be sold, why waste the money on certification? because it was once, years ago, supposed to be a customer device?

amend that: according to
Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
Please, stop. Don't use this useless rethoric. A communications device, to be used outside it's own development enviroment, needs to be FCC approved is US. Simple like that. If Nokia plans to give ONE phone to an american, it needs to be FCC certified.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=837
nonetheless, the N900 was (and still is) a geek phone and still got sold quite well, considering its origins and there is no reason why NOKIA wouldn't want to get a share of that market, AGAIN.
if they did all the work, they might as well earn something from it.

Last edited by misterc; 2011-05-20 at 13:39. Reason: FCC approval required

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I want my widgets
I couldn't care less about widgets... I don't use them on my N900, don't use them on my Desktop PC... but that's all a matter of taste...

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
if the developer device is NOT going to be sold, why waste the money on certification? because it was once, years ago, supposed to be a customer device?
Because they cannot give it to US developers if it isn't certified

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to generationally For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Dont ask me any questions ever again,if you are not willing to accept answers its a waste of time for both of us
Everything I know to Fact is now in this thread so no point anyone asking me anymore questions actually b/c I'd just be guessing
OMG what a childish reaction....
If you're going to claim something as fact (i.e. H_M was too buggy, that's the primary reason we still don't have it), you need to be able to demonstrate the basis for that.
You've failed abysmally in doing that, so why should anyone accept (as you put it) your supposed truths/answers.
Fine by me if you don't want to prove the claim, claim remains unproven/uncorroborated.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-05-20 at 12:35.

Originally Posted by sevla View Post
This is such bu11shit.. i h8 when companies try to tell me what i want.. If i want the qwerty device why can't i just buy one.. Nokia is so f*cking frustrating..
Old phone , old specs.

Look at E7 and N8. Which one sold more ? We Nokians want it to succeed. Consumers want more streamlined device.

Geeks = Niche , sad but this is how it is.

/pardon my english

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koajwujwer123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
no b/c devs are maybe getting at MeeGo Conference and its on US soil

Dont ask me any questions ever again,if you are not willing to accept answers its a waste of time for both of us
Everything I know to be Fact is now in this thread so no point anyone asking me anymore questions actually b/c I'd just be guessing
we don't actually
unless you have some proof, whether reasoned or other, feel free to shut up
or admit you are wrong

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland