Closed Thread
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Dante son of Sparda View Post
@droitwichgas
I agree with you, I've lost my IMEI because of Nokia's...
Hilarious!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post:
hi, i like my n900 after CSSU comes up with new idea , i hope they keep up to develop that project and really thanks ,
please if you can add :
1- sending delay SMS
2- car icon mode (which will be bigger font )
3 photo phone book as indexing
4- search at contact book without open the keyboard ,
5- voice tag for contacts
6 printing feature
7 reboot icon at power key press

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by sabryhm View Post
hi, i like my n900 after CSSU comes up with new idea , i hope they keep up to develop that project and really thanks ,
please if you can add :
1- sending delay SMS
2- car icon mode (which will be bigger font )
3 photo phone book as indexing
4- search at contact book without open the keyboard ,
5- voice tag for contacts
6 printing feature
7 reboot icon at power key press
1. Available via sendsms and wait or alarmed.
2. Available via Theme Customizer.
3. What?
4. You only need one key, after that OSK takes over.
5. Is that voice recognition or voice out? The latter is available via eSpeakCaller.
6. I thought I saw CUPS around.
7. Available for ages. I have it. Use search.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Why can't the developers give us some indication as to what is happening with the CSSU? Will we ever get full portrait mode, the camera UI fixed?

This is now also becoming like a Nokia PR update thread with us all wondering when the next update will arrive, but starting to think we might of seen the last update
Cant find anything in N900 manual saying MohammedAG is part of the package,Be gratefull they have taken there own time out to help the masses!

and even if that was the last update I am still gratefull for there hard work!!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jigzy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
think i found a bug....dont know exactly where to report it or if it has been reported before...
but for me when im trying to change the alarm tone (clock settings) the application always closes when i choose one of (read any of) my own tones...
does this happen to anyone else?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
No chance. This is not a bug, it is your preference.
It's not a bug per se, but it's a very valid enhancement request. Right now every time you add/connect-to a new network, you have to manually change power saving settings. It's not a big deal, but it is annoying - he wasn't asking for a change in default behavior for everyone, just that the default behavior be configurable.

Just as we made Status Menu size gconf-configurable, etc. I see no reason not to bring that in (aside from developer time and the fact that no developer might have time for it - but that's a practical issue, not a reason not to do it in principle).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
No chance. This is not a bug, it is your preference.
Many things included in CSSU are not bugs. Did you have a point?

The fact is that many, perhaps the majority, of APs don't properly support power-saving. This is why often when you connect to an AP for the first time, you'll find it times out a lot and pages load slowly.

The default should be the option that works in the greatest number of situations, wouldn't you agree? Fine for you if you use only a handful of APs, but for people who travel a lot, it is tiresome to manually set the power-saving to 'Intermediate' each time one connects to a new AP.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
The default should be the option that works in the greatest number of situations, wouldn't you agree?
Is that reasonable default really the settings choice you advocate? Are the majority of N900 users really experiencing trouble with the majority of access points they run across in the wild? I'd have thought there'd be more complaints here regarding the matter were that the case.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Modest keep on crashing for me too. Constantly crashing. Is there a patch to fix this for the time being until the next cssu update?
Downgrade Modest to the version in PR1.3 and pin it.

Create/edit the file /etc/apt/preferences, and add these lines

Code:
Package: modest
Pin: version 3.4*
Pin-Priority: 1001
Then downgrade:

Code:
apt-get install modest=3.4.8+0m5
I've had only a single crash since doing this. With the newer Modest, I could have 5 in 10 minutes. It doesn't seem to be the fault of CSSU devs, but the newer Modest version they integrated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Is that reasonable default really the settings choice you advocate? Are the majority of N900 users really experiencing trouble with the majority of access points they run across in the wild? I'd have thought there'd be more complaints here regarding the matter were that the case.
Very difficult to quantify, but APs have a reputation for being buggy. As the problem is intermittent, I expect many users are unaware of it and will put slow page-loading and timeouts down to the vagaries of WiFi.

Try running a continuous ping on each of the access points you use, and see if performance/reliability don't increase with at least some of them.

Maximum compatibility (or minimum breakage) by default seems like a decent principle to base this on.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade