Originally Posted by zymo View Post
who cares if it’s single or dual core (besides marketing)? we are still talking about a smartphone and as long as this won’t replace a desktop pc i am fine with the performance of A8.
It's great you are. I'm not going to bash you for it being enough for your use.

But imo this device should prove Nokia can still be top in the game like they where 3-4 years ago. Plus i want that HDMI out that can push 1080. There's plenty of phones out for that already.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Richmond, VA
if the consumer device doesnt have a dual core, im going to try my hardest to get my hands on the dev version. f that nokia...

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
It's great you are. I'm not going to bash you for it being enough for your use.

But imo this device should prove Nokia can still be top in the game like they where 3-4 years ago. Plus i want that HDMI out that can push 1080. There's plenty of phones out for that already.
1080p output is nice indeed, that would be the only downside (for me). but maybe by adding a strong gpu there is still the possibility of having one core cpu and 1080p output. i thing broadcom has a nice gpu which can handle 1080p.

EDIT: i mean this one Broadcom BCM2763

Last edited by zymo; 2011-05-22 at 19:36.

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
totten iPotatos has only really one device at one moment.
if NOKIA sells a couple millions units of every Symbian smartphone they release in the next couple years, they have time to adjust ¦-))))))
Untrue, apple makes sure their latest iOS support at least two latest devices (e.g. iphone 3gs + iphone 4).
See more at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iOS_devices
In reality this means the users of previous generation are not left out which happens regularly with nokia.

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
wp7 isn't a "niche market"
it is most likely the dominant smart phone OS within a few years, mostly because companies are very keen to have one OS from (file & print) server to smartphone. that can all be managed centrally from one Service Management Server for updates and authorisations and e-mails and anything else.
and if, on top of that, the smartphones in question use the same CPU architecture then the servers (Intel) and it is possible to distribute literally the same OS on all devices, that makes for economies of scales no company would want to miss.
or not have a part in, no?
Where did you get this idea? Let me give you an example:
Remember Java slogan "Run once execute everywhere", well it is simply marketing over-simplification. I don't see how server and phone architecture relate to provide sam OS on all devices.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
watch video carefully and the blue dots at end with nokia mean something.
windows xp?
________
MONICA

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
who cares if it’s single or dual core (besides marketing)? we are still talking about a smartphone and as long as this won’t replace a desktop pc i am fine with the performance of A8.
yeah we've seen the atrix vs the N8

If someone should care, its Nokia.

Nokia has been taking alot of fire for the past years for that inability to keep up technologically(N97,N8). If Nokia will push this phone big time into the market without having decent specs to be proud about, no shiny UI will save them. Especially if they'll price it at the top.

If Nokia didnt understand that they need a powerful machine in order to ride all the critics out then i foresee a very dark future for Nokia.

Just for the record, I dont care about the specs...if i feel that the pricing matching it, i might buy. However, If Nokia aim in expending their meego user base(i am not quite sure they do) they will fail.

ITS ALL ABOUT IMAGE

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ironm8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
It is very different from the N900. Maybe even too different. But it is Nokia's answer to Android and iOS. Its a different matter that it is experimental. This OS stands a chance against all others but will it be given another chance depends on how many phones Nokia sells.
It will not given that chance, simply because the deal with Microsoft...

I would be suprised if there is a deal between Microsoft and Nokia how many Meego phones theyr are allowed to sell...

Just look at the PC market how dominant Microsoft is there. There is no company who sells Linux computers today.

Just another example: HP planed to have WebOS(Linuxbased) on stationary computers but only on top of already installed Windows

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
It will not given that chance, simply because the deal with Microsoft...

I would be suprised if there is a deal between Microsoft and Nokia how many Meego phones theyr are allowed to sell...

Just look at the PC market how dominant Microsoft is there. There is no company who sells Linux computers today.

Just another example: HP planed to have WebOS(Linuxbased) on stationary computers but only on top of already installed Windows
Lets see how that goes. I'd like this to be successful. But that decision is not in my hands lol

i dont give a **** about the cpu.

i seen n900 outperforming WP7, and android running same game (need for speed) and even was using WebOS version.

while it can play 1080p with easy.

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland