Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
Lets see how that goes. I'd like this to be successful. But that decision is not in my hands lol
I get from that friction of a sentence that you are also not sure that Nokia want meego to succeed.
It really seems as Nokia look at Meego at the moment, as a parasite , after that M$ deal.

I also hope i'm wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to ironm8 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ironm8 View Post
I get from that friction of a sentence that you are also not sure that Nokia want meego to succeed.
It really seems as Nokia look at Meego at the moment, as a parasite , after that M$ deal.

I also hope i'm wrong.
No , not really parasite. Just an experiment. Windows andro , iphone all have brand name. MeeGo is well linux which normal people don't seem to like lol .. i dont know if you understood what i meant lol

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
It will not given that chance, simply because the deal with Microsoft...

I would be suprised if there is a deal between Microsoft and Nokia how many Meego phones theyr are allowed to sell...

Just look at the PC market how dominant Microsoft is there. There is no company who sells Linux computers today.

Just another example: HP planed to have WebOS(Linuxbased) on stationary computers but only on top of already installed Windows
Is there any post since feb 11 in which you havn't talked about nokia + microsoft? I think everyone knows that there is a deal between those and that nokia will go windows phone. That news isnt interesting at all anymore... Nokia will release this device and be happy with that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lullen For This Useful Post:
No , not really parasite. Just an experiment. Windows andro , iphone all have brand name. MeeGo is well linux which normal people don't seem to like lol .. i dont know if you understood what i meant lol
I understand, but i also feel that Nokia hasnt given the optimum conditions for that 'experiment'.

Also, why cant MeeGo be a brand? because its linux??
Lets see,
First there was iOS. Apple convinced people that THEY know what is good for them.
Then came Android. Google convinced people that they need a crappy Java VM on a linux kernel(sounds like jalapeņo on a stick :P) and the openness that it allows.

Joe Does' are no more than a folk looking for someone to tell them whats 'cool' or 'trendy'. I believe(I think that you too) that meego can be that 'thing' as well. That approach is disappointing.

Last edited by ironm8; 2011-05-22 at 20:56. Reason: some improvements

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ironm8 For This Useful Post:
it can be cool but look at Nokia. They can create the best thing in the world (N900) and fail to market it XD

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koajwujwer123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
it can be cool but look at Nokia. They can create the best thing in the world (N900) and fail to market it XD
that's true.. people didnt see how good this phone is.. if only they marketed it perfectly, maybe maemo is still alive until now... hope meego will be more successful than maemo5...

The Following User Says Thank You to chase15 For This Useful Post:
@k123 could you post some pics you took with your protos camera

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
That is one of the problems with Nokia marketing. If they could support and push their products as Steve Jobs does with the "iBrand" then anything is possible,
My Favourite posts!
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=539
http://forums.precentral.net/2674180-post149.html
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=500
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63720

Originally Posted by LTman View Post
@k123 could you post some pics you took with your protos camera
No , sorry

Sure it's great and i still use it, but "best in the world" as everyday high end phone that's about 20mm thick, resistive, qwerty, very poor app market and needs to be used on landscape is not to way to sell the phone in millions.
It's great for us phone freaks that want all customization or linux nerds, but that's as far as it goes and that's why Nokia did not make it a big deal.

There's millions of people ready to buy that Nokia's above the competition phone the sec they get it out, but so far it has been far from it, if it's not too late already for Nokia to get free pass because of it's brand in west where it has already been surpassed by Samsung.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland