Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
Does this work with windows 7? I get the connection disconnected too often and the nothing really works?
vivmak as travla said the instant disconnect problem could be solved by removing the existing n900 device and then adding it one more time (pairing). the new device will be detected as a phone and if you look at its properties under services you should find that you can enable the keyboard and mouse HID service. If that service was not there then open bluemaemo and try to connect from there this will instigate the service. Then go and select the service and windows will install the drivers for it.

I have to tell you that it was not straight forward for me and i had to experiment with different things but after that it all works perfectly so don't give up.

I started having this problem where whenever I click on "wait for connection" Bluemaemo simply closes down. Anybody else having this issue?

Last edited by Cue; 2011-09-11 at 14:50.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi! Is Bluemaemo still on development or can we get it from the standard download? can someone share the step by step guide to download it from development? Thanks.

Hi, I was trying to install Bluemaemo from Maemo extras Devel but failed. I got message that there is a conflict with programpackage: libeina0. Can someone please instruct me what to do cause I need Bluemaemo for PS3.
Best regards to you all and thanks in advance,
M

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sada11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abhinil View Post
Hi Vivmak, it works well with windows 7 but right now I am also facing issue of mouse cursor moving 1FPS... remove your all bluetooth pair from the Device list and try to make new paring your system with N900 it will work fine.
Has anybody found the way around this issue? And by that I mean the cursor moving very slowly.
The app is great, but being unable to use the cursor when the option is right there is very frustrating.

I've updated my MacBook Pro from Snow Leopard to Lion. Now I can't use BlueMaemo to remote it like in Snow leopard. Can I fix it?

Originally Posted by johnmcpot View Post
Has anybody found the way around this issue? And by that I mean the cursor moving very slowly.
The app is great, but being unable to use the cursor when the option is right there is very frustrating.
Well, in case anybody else is experiencing the problem of the cursor not responding or being extremely slow in bluemaemo:

I had the issue since the first time I installed it. Only once it worked after pairing a laptop for the first time, but when I connected again, it was back. For unrelated motives, I had to reflash my N900. I didn't restore all the software, but instead picked only packages that I was actually using. And now it works! Smoothly!

This might not be particularly helpful, but it points towards that other application was the one messing up this function. Sadly I have no idea which one, I just had too much stuff installed.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Portland OR USA
Originally Posted by Prozac786 View Post
This used to fix it but is not fixing it anymore, I just re-flashed and tried this command, I got an error message saying something like:

"Version 1.2.2+svn41533 of libeet was not found"

Edit Fixed:

If anyone gets above error, open xterminal, type root or sudo gainroot and then enter in these simple commands exactly as I have listed them, even if they don't make sense to you, it does work and fixes the error message.

1. apt-get install libeet1

2. Wait for it to be completed. This has to be done first.

3. Then type:

apt-get install bluemaemo efl-core python2.5-efl-core python2.5-ecore python2.5-evas python2.5-edje python2.5-elementary libeet1 libevas0 libevas0-all libecore0 libecore0-all libembryo0 libedje0 libepsilon0 libetk0 libetk0-engine-all libedbus0 python2.5-edbus python-configobj libecore0-con libecore0-evas libecore0-file libecore0-job libecore0-txt libecore0-x libecore0-ipc libecore0-imf libecore0-imf-evas libecore0-input libevas0-engine-software-x11 libevas0-engine-software-x11-16 libetk0-engine-all libetk0-engine-evas-x11 libetk0-engine-evas libetk0-engine-evas-software-x11 libetk0-engine-evas-software-x11-16 libevas0-all libevas0-loaders-all libevas0-savers-all libevas0-engines-all python2.5-efl-core python2.5-epsilon python2.5-etk python2.5-efl-utils python2.5-elementary libelementary0 libevas0-loader-eet libevas0-engine-software-generic libevas0-engine-buffer libevas0-engine-software-generic libevas0-loader-eet libevas0-loader-jpeg libevas0-loader-png libevas0-saver-eet

4. Wait for the above to be done, will take a while.

5. Then type apt-get install libevas0-saver-jpeg (no more room on the above command to fit this in fully, so have to do it separately)

6. Wait for it to be done

7. Run Bluemaemo and see if it opens and runs properly, if it does, you are done! If it opens and shortly after it closes, then you have one more step to do.

8. [Optional - Check if app opens first] again in X-terminal and as root, type the following command:

ln -s /usr/lib/libembryo-ver-svn-05.so.0.9.9 /usr/lib/libembryo-ver-svn-03.so.0

9. Enjoy!

So I followed your instructions and came across some problems. It had to do with the Repositories on the device.

In Xterminal

sudo gainroot

I had to do:

apt-get install libeet1=1.2.2+svn41533-maemo1

Then: (notice I removed libeet1 from the install below (because it would bump it up to 1.4 something and then would NOT install)

apt-get install efl-core python2.5-efl-core python2.5-ecore python2.5-evas python2.5-edje python2.5-elementary libevas0 libevas0-all libecore0 libecore0-all libembryo0 libedje0 libepsilon0 libetk0 libetk0-engine-all libedbus0 python2.5-edbus python-configobj libecore0-con libecore0-evas libecore0-file libecore0-job libecore0-txt libecore0-x libecore0-ipc libecore0-imf libecore0-imf-evas libecore0-input libevas0-engine-software-x11 libevas0-engine-software-x11-16 libetk0-engine-all libetk0-engine-evas-x11 libetk0-engine-evas libetk0-engine-evas-software-x11 libetk0-engine-evas-software-x11-16 libevas0-all libevas0-loaders-all libevas0-savers-all libevas0-engines-all python2.5-efl-core python2.5-epsilon python2.5-etk python2.5-efl-utils python2.5-elementary libelementary0 libevas0-loader-eet libevas0-engine-software-generic libevas0-engine-buffer libevas0-engine-software-generic libevas0-loader-eet libevas0-loader-jpeg libevas0-loader-png libevas0-saver-eet

Then: (using Faster Application Manager, because that's were I added the devel repository)

Installed Bluemaemo through the GUI interface.

Hope that helps someone.

Originally Posted by mothmanex View Post
How to change your PC's name (Windows 7)
1.- Click on "Start"
2.- Click on "Control Panel"
3.- Change the view to "Small icons" or "big icons"
4.- Click on "System"
5.- On "Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings", click on "change settings" (on the right).
6.- On the new window, click on the button "Change"
7.- Change your PC's name to something plain, for example, from H'llo to Hllo.

On that is done, pair your device.

0.- Turn on your n900 bluetooth (if used before with your pc).
1.- On Windows, Click on the "start" button.
2.- Click on "Devices and Printers".
3.- Unpair your n900, by selecting it, right clicking on it, and selecting "Remove device".
4.- Turn off your n900 bluetooth.
5.- Open MaemoBlue on your n900
6.- Click on "Wait for connection".
7.- On your PC, On your notification area, right click on the bluetooth Icon, and select add device, there add your n900 (will be shown as a bluetooth keyboard).
8.- Pair with it. The PC will give you a code that you need to put in the n900, a screen will automatically open on your n900.
9.- Your PC will tell you that it was a success, and is already connected, but your n900 will remain in "Waiting for connection". Just wait a couple of minutes, and it will send you to the menu (Windows 7 is still installing drivers).
10.- Enjoy.

@ VDVsx : I have already reported the bug.

@ nux : What are you pairing your n900 with?

brilliant, thanks this worked for me for windows vista! - sent from my n900 using bluemaemo!

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid