Active Topics

Originally Posted by te37v View Post
For those of you waiting for the live stream, it has been cancelled as of now.

http://twitter.com/#!/meegoconference
so unacceptable.. they had so much time to prepare for this..

Dang you guy overloaded twitter so what are we going to do now for news

The Following User Says Thank You to LTman For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by shady View Post
of course you can be more nuetral, youre not nuetral ... you condemning someone who is protecting the integrity of the thread and techincally the internet as it relates to nokia and this device.

you have made up your mind, so thats fine.

i also notice that theres not enough devices for the ppl at the conf??? wtf is that ... at google.io they shared some HW that wasnt distributed at the conference but will ship later ... so not having enough to give out is a meme, only having 92,000 is a meme, handing them out in the first place is a meme ... NONE of this is credible info and its being bandied about as if its real, seriously wait, all this misinformation DOES NOT HELP.

i cannot get the keynote to load, i continue to hope for more solid information though, as today more than one person has played with a device from nokia @ the meego.con so lets see if we can get our hands on some IRL photos!!
I am not condemning anybody, in fact I agree with him! But that is NOT the point! The point is that we already know both opinions and that's enough.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Does anyone know if the n950/n9 OS will run meego apps? I read it was supposedly running maemo6 with the meego api.

Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
Does anyone know if the n950/n9 OS will run meego apps? I read it was supposedly running maemo6 with the meego api.
It will run meego apps.. period. dont worry about the difference between maemo 6, meego, meego api etc.. You'll have apps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sevla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Above was post not for me and I should respond to you after what you said yesterday. but it looks like your not that "childish" as yesterday I give you a new chance and my opinion on HWKB.

About the HWKB:

Dont you think it has changed alot since n900/n800? those handsets was for "geeks". N900 was "4 of 5" even if Nokia has changed the plans going WP7 the plan 5 was for "the masses"

As we all know the masses dont care about hwkeyboards. Take a look outhere? most people is using some kind of "slim devices" like Iphone or some Android without keyboard.

There is a very few Androids with keyboard and my personal guess they is not bigsellers.

So my point is if the plan from begining (before MrFlop) was make a handset for the masses. And even if the plan has changed it is important they sell as many Meego devices as possible this year. Reason is simple WP7 is not ready for Nokia and bussiness people was money now. Thats why Nokia probadly will only sell a device that sells alot and costs as little as possible.

I am sure HWKB variant costs alot more. Cause of smaller series and also different lkaytout in different countrys and so on.

It maybe true the plan was from start two devices one with hwkb(small series) one without but that was before MrFlop.

But personally I think hw variant will not be released anymore. There maybe will be an already made testserie who knows. Or I maybbe is totally wrong to just give my personal opinion on this.

I would'nd mind too be wrong here. I want both devices :-D
thank you for giving me a 2nd chance.
appreciate that.
and i think there is nothing wrong with giving your (personal) opinion and is all we can (all) do until there is the official presentation.
maybe it is also important to clearly state that it is an opinion (and what it is based upon).

even though the collaboration w/ m$ may be interpreted as a desperate struggle by NOKIA to save itself, i think NOKIA is far from that desperate. even though the times where Symbian (smart) phones were outselling all other smart phones on the market are gone, Symbian devices are still selling well and the N8 has sold 4 million units (still counting). of course it doesn't compare to the numbers of a iDevice, but iPotatos only has one or two devices selling (one being the former top model waiting to be retired as a cheaper alternative to the top dog).
so the sales of that device better be astounding.
not so Symbian.
if every Symbian phone NOKIA is selling this year sells only 2 or 3 million units... even though manufacturing 15 to 20 different devices obvioulsy is more expensive then manufacturing two and NOKIA's margins are certainly tighter then iPotatos' but still, i'm sure NOKIA is still earning money w/ every Symbian device they sell

long story short
(sorry, like i said, i try to explain how & why i come to conclusion to avoid flame wars about sources & all)
even though it is important and about time a MeeGo device @ least starts covering its cost, i think NOKIA can still afford to invest in MeeGo.
direct comparison w/ iPotatos devices (no kbd, thus) makes sense, but NOKIA always had power user phones (9000 & 92x0, E90 and finally E7) and maybe that's who they also target with MeeGo devices (apart from us geeks, of course )? (IDEA ONLY, NO PROOF, FOOD FOR THOUGHTS)
anyway, can't help feeling MeeGo isn't ready yet to be a hype device.

i don't make this up as i go (i already referred to 9000s & E90 & all) in a couple posts before) but chatting here makes me evolve too.

i'm still hopeful we'll get a keyboard device before the end of the year and maybe the touch screen dev. Koajwujwer123 had for a few days is next years model? if this year's model sells well.
or vice versa ¦:-}
or who knows?

we'll have to wait i guess

PS: quick update about S.Elop; no, of course, he probably is far less a fan boy of MeeGo then of W devices, but i think he realizes he is not working for m$ any more and has to accept that NOKIA isn't going to place all its eggs in one basket, thus has to accept that NOKIA
- goes on selling Symbian phones until W devices are established
- keeps an option open for an alternative. so far, m$ has f###ed up big time in the mobile phone market

Last edited by misterc; 2011-05-23 at 18:46.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
live streaming is now working..

http://sf2011.meego.com/program/live-streaming

Originally Posted by chase15 View Post
live streaming is now working..

http://sf2011.meego.com/program/live-streaming
horrible stream. audio out of sync etc...

edit.. not only is the audio not working.. i can hear the people talking about changing the settings for the stream instead of actually being able to hear the speaker... smh..

edit2: ok it's workoing now

There's own page for MeeGo Conference if you people haven't noticed.

Originally Posted by sevla View Post
It will run meego apps.. period. dont worry about the difference between maemo 6, meego, meego api etc.. You'll have apps.
That would be great! But what have changed since everyone was saying that it would not be possible?

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland