Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
Anyone seen this before?
https://meego.com/community/device-program

Edit: Anyway, even if I did get one N950 with hwkb I'd just feel sorry for all those that did not get to buy one so I say shove it Nokia!
"Device to be loaned to participant for 3 years" Haha thats the strangest thing I ever seen. Why dont they just give them away if they lend them out for that long time?

I.e., if there's some controversial stuff going on it's much easier to pull them back from one or all testers if they still belong to you.

I see... not that funny anymore

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Lullen View Post
"Device to be loaned to participant for 3 years" Haha thats the strangest thing I ever seen. Why dont they just give them away if they lend them out for that long time?
Yeha I want that device cause of:

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit Edition.

Edit: atleast WeTab doesnt have windows preinstalled.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Lullen View Post
I see... not that funny anymore
Personally I like this thread even more for every post I mean do people really beleive they will release an Nokia Meego(woops Maemo) device on a Meego conference :O

I doubt...

Best hope is Nokia release the new qt-components cause my guess is that Harmattan is heavely based on the new qt-comnponents that would atleast be a bigteaser for us

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-05-23 at 22:01.

yea the more and more I think about it the more i realize there is a strong possibility that Nokia's device does not get mentioned sine Nokia openly dissed intel/meego.

Plus i don't see anything on the schedule that leads me to believe there will be a unveiling of new hardware.

Although Nokia has done nothing but stupid things since February/forever, I don't think I've seen any actually dissing of MeeGo?

They've dissed Symbian and pissed gasoline to keep their platforms warm, but I don't think they've dissed MeeGo? Gutted it, maybe. Dissed it? Really?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Although Nokia has done nothing but stupid things since February/forever, I don't think I've seen any actually dissing of MeeGo?

They've dissed Symbian and pissed gasoline to keep their platforms warm, but I don't think they've dissed MeeGo? Gutted it, maybe. Dissed it? Really?
meego is "still" official part of nokias "future disruption", whatever this means

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
But Nokia still contributes to Meego, if I'm not mistaken. So why punish the "Meego interested" part of Nokia when the changes comes from elsewhere in the management (ie from some people who don't really care about the Meego conference)

Originally Posted by volt View Post

When you go from "Meego will be our smartphone platform" to "Wp7 will be our smartphone platform and we are only releasing 1 meego phone" that sounds like a pretty big shun or "diss" to me..

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland