Active Topics

^Same. At first I was disappointed to hear that consumers wouldn't get the hardware keyboard. But I'd be happy with either/or at this point. I just want a release date haha. I miss my N900 and need a Meego fix now.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
This thread is becoming to make many people angry / frustrated. lol
No wonder Nokia got pi$$ed when the teaser video was leaked out. =P

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
This thread is becoming to make many people angry / frustrated. lol
No wonder Nokia got pi$$ed when the teaser video was leaked out. =P
well duh

after everyone was polishing each others knobs all last week with the rate of posts quickening towards the build up then ....

... nothing ( so far anyway)

Nokia is waving her finger saying "uh uh - gotta wait till we are both good and ready ! "

so these guys gonna be walking around with bugding pants (metaphorically speaking) for the next 3 months or so ....

gotta be uncomfortable !

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It seems like Nokia might have missed their chance for some buzz.

I mean, announce something stellar the day before the Microsoft VIP announcement of Mango... oh wait...

hmm...

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Vancouver, BC
I suspect the teaser 'leak' was intentional. The 3 day grace before the video was taken down is a bit long, and Nokia doesn't seem to have appealed to YouTube to use it's content matching to remove copies. It is most certainly a teaser, as it lacks clear shots of the hardware and shows two (or by my eye, three) inconsistent variants. The song is cut-off at the end, which can only be intentional but probably done to imply there is 'more to come' & that this is an unfinished video ('leak').

I also can't reconcile the type of hints dropped by some posters here with my own experience under NDA's, nor logically what their relationship would be to Nokia, except from a marketing angle. The predictions are vague but universally positive, non-technical, reliant on mysterious contacts & the general line is consistent.

Together, this implies that what we are seeing now is an attempt to ramp up the general marketing in an attempt to create buzz, nothing more. The only conclusion to draw at this point is that there is /a/ device pending, but we knew this from the FCC filing.

And if this is so, then Nokia may be switching into damage control, as any marketer watching this thread or similar ones alike would probably be quite worried about how far the expectations have been risen & the veracity of the virtual keyboard/hardware keyboard debate. Reading backwards, I can see indications of this ~ though this perhaps is confirmation bias.

In a few weeks, we'll know the fate of the RM-680. I'm hoping it will be plausibly available to replace my N900. If there is also a keyboardless version down the pipes, that would be perfect as a second unit - or for the wife (as sliding mechanisms are not toddler friendly, one advantage of the sealed & nearly buttonless iPhone). Without something more concrete at this point though - images, specs, clarifications - I find this thread is breeding more fear/frustration than anticipation.

To those who might read a line or two above the wrong way, rest assured - I mean not to impugn anyones reputation nor cast doubt on their claims ~ these are my observations, by no means accusations.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to CowMan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CowMan View Post
One of the rare sensible posts in this thread. Had this on my mind for a while as well although you delivered it better then i would have

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
I'm afraid that if nothing (e.g - new device) was announced in the MeeGo conference until now - we won't see any announcement in this conference at all...
Too bad, but frankly I wasn't building any expectations so I can't say I'm very disappointed. Nokia never knew how to utilize buzz properly...

The Following User Says Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 112 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
I'm afraid that if nothing (e.g - new device) was announced in the MeeGo conference until now - we won't see any announcement in this conference at all...
Too bad, but frankly I wasn't building any expectations so I can't say I'm very disappointed. Nokia never knew how to utilize buzz properly...
Nokia-Microsoft alliance doesn't want to harm "their" wp7.5 event by launching superior device with groundbreaking UX.

We can wait N9(50) launch after WP7.5 mango event. Maybe tomorrow?-)

The Following User Says Thank You to larux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by larux View Post
Nokia-Microsoft alliance doesn't want to harm "their" wp7.5 event by launching superior device with groundbreaking UX.

We can wait N9(50) launch after WP7.5 mango event. Maybe tomorrow?-)
I doubt it'll be this week at all. If your suggestion is true (which makes a deal of sense), they will want to put a buffer between Mango announcement and any Harmattan device. Otherwise the latter would eclipse the former and who would care about WP?

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Am I the only one who finds the blind hatred of Nokia's new strategy on this forum to be completely ridiculous? Seriously, I feel like I'm reading a bunch of forum posts written by twelve year-olds who had their favourite Action Man taken away by their mum.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to keflex For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland