Active Topics

Notices

Thanks for the reply, cct.
Reinstalled driver and removed osslo-wlan as described here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=52.

Now everything works. Try to connect to my adhoc network doesn't reboot device, but reports only an network error.
Thanks for the helping.

Last edited by werepacman; 2011-05-23 at 20:57.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by werepacman View Post
Hi.
I installed drivers, it was OK for some time, but something went wrong.

Now after I load driver (load.sh) wlan0 disappears. Connecting to AP makes device to reboot.

What can I do to fix the problem? I tried to reinstall packages.
I suppose I'm not first with such a question, but I can`t read all 40 pages.
Any help hill be appreciated.

Last time I rebooted with consol "reboot". Can this cause a problem?
Are you using power47 kernel? Or any other power kernel? You should try that

Greetz,

..::J4ZZ::..

The Following User Says Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
hmm... I have refrained from installing the 47 due to having read somewhere about it not being comfortable side by side with b-e-drivers, but I might have been confused. Did you try it out yet successfully? That being the reason for my post (#400). Again, noobie stands to be corrected.

Last edited by cct; 2011-05-24 at 13:55.

Power47 is working excelllent with bleeding edge driver and there's no need to reinstall anything. Just run load.sh as you normally would and the driver gets injected.
No patched kernel or anything needed, only your "compat-wireless" folder with load.sh and stuff...

Greetz,

..::J4ZZ::..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
so this is compatible with kernel power v47?

is there a way to permanently install this without having to manually load it on each boot?

or make it auto run load.sh on boot?

thanks

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-06-02 at 14:01.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
OMFG
KERNEL
POWER
v47
IS
COMPATIBLE
WITH
BLEEDING
EDGE
DRIVERS

Can we, like, autoredirect everyone to this post when they type "bleeding edge drivers" into the forum? (Edit: The above isn't directly at you F2thak, or anyone specific, I'm just getting annoyed of seeing the same question cropping up for over a month)

And on a technical note - "install" and "load" are different things. The drivers are always permanently "installed", unless you went and erased them. They aren't permanently loaded, but that's another matter.

As for how to do it - you can set up a script (based on load.sh, or which executes load.sh), and stick it into /etc/event.d/ <-- no I don't personally do it, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out if you look through some of the other scripts in there. Then just play around with seeing how late in the boot process you need to run it to end up with the bleeding edge drivers loaded.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
FYI: if you are using monitor mode for sniffing, the WiFi driver under Kernel Power http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power is much more stable. It does not drop like bleeding-edge wl1251 wifi driver for Maemo Fremantle. I guess it is the kernel problem, not the driver problem, as reported by previous few posts.

Of course, credit to David for this and he patched the driver in Kernel Power.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
By the way, while I have been a VERY pro-bleeding-edge-driver individual all this time, I have to say that I have to take back my statements to the effect of it being flawless (well, I never said it was flawless per se, just that I hadn't run into any issues, which has so far been true).

For me, using "MobileHotSpot" with the bleeding edge driver causes a crash/shut-down of the entire N900 (this is a bug at least one other person reported, and I have been meaning to test it for around a month now - I finally got around to it tonight; so I know I'm not the only one having this issue), AND, trying to connect to an ad-hoc network causes an immediate shutdown as well (I typically can't get data through-put on ad-hoc wifi networks anyway, BUT, with the stock driver, I can at least connect to the network after a longer-than-normal wait).

So... yeah. This is with the patched osso-wlan, and Advanced Interface Switcher installed (might have something to do with it, but I doubt it). I have yet to do detailed testing, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-06-03 at 03:30. Reason: Clarifications

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
so this is compatible with kernel power v47?

is there a way to permanently install this without having to manually load it on each boot?

or make it auto run load.sh on boot?

thanks
My QBW widget (page 40) will load the drivers on boot if selcted in the widget options respectively it's already set.

greetz,

J4ZZ

hey could just put a script in /etc/event.d that runs every boot
there is a wiki about that

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251