Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Originally Posted by arnoldux View Post
yup, uninstalled the patch and everything went normal
can you make a screencast or something so i can see and try to solve the problem (if any caused by patch)

i know i'm asking to do an effort
but it is not as effort as creating the patch

ill go to a meeting, go to sleep :P, ill post here later

well i can say this script definitely works. usually when i run the panorama program by nokia it cripples my phone when it is stiching the images together. its so bad my phone locks it to a point where it is totally unusable until the panorama is done. this was with my phone overclocked to 1ghz. now, even at 900mhz with two browsers open, two text message conversations open, conky, contacts, xterm, and panorama working i can still manage to type out this reply! great work!

The Following User Says Thank You to lvlonkey For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by lvlonkey View Post
well i can say this script definitely works. usually when i run the panorama program by nokia it cripples my phone when it is stiching the images together. its so bad my phone locks it to a point where it is totally unusable until the panorama is done. this was with my phone overclocked to 1ghz. now, even at 900mhz with two browsers open, two text message conversations open, conky, contacts, xterm, and panorama working i can still manage to type out this reply! great work!
What about /dev/cgroup/user/? Did you get a folder with the pid of the current terrminal in /dev/cgroup/user/? Can you make a screenshot of /dev/cgroup/user / because this would help us all, instead of worshiping santa claus like anybody here?

Last edited by epitaph; 2011-05-24 at 00:43.

Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
What about /dev/cgroup/user/? Did you get a folder with the pid of the current terrminal in /dev/cgroup/user/? Can you make a screenshot of /dev/cgroup/user / because this would help us all, instead of worshiping santa claus like anybody here?
honestly, i have no idea what you're talking about. you may think its stupid of me to run some scripts when im not sure what im doing but with so many positive replies i decided to try it out. the only positive way i knew to test this was to use the panorama app by nokia which used to render my phone completely unusable until it was either done with the panoramic picture or i got impatient and rebooted. i was very impressed that i could actually do something else on the phone with some minor laggyness with several other things open while it was creating a panoramic picture. to me that is very solid proof this script does something. and really, from all the posts ive read in this thread all i could think when i read your posts is "haters gonna hate"

The Following User Says Thank You to lvlonkey For This Useful Post:
lvlonkey
I realy appreciate what you said
And I'm really glad that the script helped

Enjoy it

Edit: Just a quik question
Did you noticed the changes before or after the reboot?
Thanks

Last edited by karam; 2011-05-24 at 06:55.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i have installed your patch and noticed an immediate difference in contacts scrolling and pictures loading, the y were almost immediate!

my contacts were loaded immediately and i have 1130 contacts with pix and addresses.

i have just rebooted my device now and will edit.

EDIT:after reboot, contacts and pix took quite a while to load, but did load. what i mean by quite a while is about 20+seconds. same with calendar.

note: to be fair, i started the device with a freshly, fully charged battery by turning the device on, then did the mods, then tried opening and using these programs. then rebooted and found the above. if it is any consoation, after the first time opening these AFTER the reboot, when you go to reopen them from a closed state, it is instant! i use 3000+ min/mo, over 2000 sms, and over 1.5gb of data through hsdpa+, dont know about wifi numbers.....so i should be able to have a good idea if all goes bad,...or good within a few days.

so far, so good. especially at 16! great job.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
it would be great if this could all be pkgd into a deb file!

Well thanks for the reply
I actualy got requested to make a deb file that includes the patch and some other tweaks many times
But the problem is i still don't know how to make a deb
As i don't have a much time to (i got Exams in my school) wich aren't gonna be over until 2 weeks
Maybe after then i can make a db

Oh and BTW in every bootup N900 needs about 5 minutes to get completely stabe and a first load of contacts and calender
will certainly take longer time than usual
PS try to launch contacts now and they will be launched immidiatly again

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to karam For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by karam View Post
lvlonkey
I realy appreciate what you said
And I'm really glad that the script helped

Enjoy it

Edit: Just a quik question
Did you noticed the changes before or after the reboot?
Thanks
well the first thing i did after applying the patch was reboot.

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe