Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by dsmudger View Post
yeah actually, they'd got them in the previous day (now the day-before-yesterday) - seems we all missed this one/wast total random luck I decided to try the MA website well before I thought they'd be out :\

Went back today to exchange the rattling unit, and there's at least one or two left between the three branches on Tott. Ct. Rd.

Be aware though - I overheard the sales guy demoing one to someone in front of me - they'll try to sell it to you for £330 unless you specifically point out the lower price in the catalogue like I did - lucky for me yesterday they kept me waiting for ages, so much so I got bored and started flicking through the catalogue
Grrr. Still awaiting mine which I pre-ordered from these guys at the Stuff / What Hi-fi show for £284.99, inc free 2Gb SD & free delivery. Been verbally checking my order status daily for the past week.

Well I guess I should be glad to hear they've now received stock. I just better receive it the next 24 hours.

I don't believe they're being 100% honest about the price as £284.99 was the special show price, 5% off R.R.P of £299.99. I reckon they increased the price after they realised most other retailers were pricing it significantly higher.

it has function-key shifted symbols (in blue in the top right of the key) for Yen, USD, euros and the uk pound sign. Seems to me (based only on that mind you...) it's one-keyboard fits all?
Not necessarily, I've seen US keyboards where the pound (£) sign is totally absent and replaced by the # sign (which the Americans also call a pound sign).

And even if the British and US ones were the same, it won't be like that across the rest of Europe as other languages require special characters such as ö and ä and å which are so commonly used that they require dedicated buttons.

Aergh, hardware keyboards are such a mixed blessing at launch periods...

I've just bought one from Micro Anvika. It's shipping today

Of course I also have to wait for a memory card to ship from another supplier. Good job it has some internal memory

Micro Anvika rang me back today.
Was going to arrange courier to work, but turns out one of their dispatch team lives round the corner from me and kindly offered to personally drop it off 21:30

Nice screen. Loving the keyboard, very welcome!!

Somewhat concerned about the screen. Top left (browser button) seems to have a little play and is noticeably less responsive. Hopefully this will settle down...

Originally Posted by Tuxedosteve View Post
I've just bought one from Micro Anvika. It's shipping today

Of course I also have to wait for a memory card to ship from another supplier. Good job it has some internal memory
Well I can't say I'll ever use these guys again. They don't ship when they say they ship and you have to fight tooth and nail to get a tracking number out of them (And I still don't have one). Expensive and poor service. Not recommended.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tuxedosteve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Coventry, UK
ordered mine from Micro Anvika yesterday morning - arrived this morning. posting this from N810 now. Very happy. my first internet tablet.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Marietta, GA, USA--Pombal, Portugal
Great news for Iberia (Portugal and Spain).

i spoke with my friends from PAK and they were given an estimate from local retailers that they might be getting shipments from nokia before the end of December.

i will research this matter and i will speak with nokia to confirm.

Does anyone know when it becomes available Denmark?

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Marietta, GA, USA--Pombal, Portugal
Originally Posted by ScottLind View Post
Does anyone know when it becomes available Denmark?
GREAT NEWS!
the new n810 is already avaiable in Denmark from the nokia website at http://www.nokia.dk/phones/n810/prices.phpit is being sold for 299 kr. / 2972 kr.<- what ever that means lol, im not danish but portuguese so i dont know the exact price.

good luck.

Micro Anvika gave me a full size SD card
Only noticed this after opening the packaging. Lets let how they manage this one.