Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by oopockystixoo View Post
omiigosh!! i was finally able to get nitdroid on my nokia n900! thanks everyone for trying to help me, especially you topet2k12001. You were right, I just had to read the instructions carefully and not get too excited...but i also had to hard reset my phone before I was able to successfully install nitdroid. I was glad I did because that led me to realize what I was doing wrong...It turns out my application catalogue for extras-testing were wrong..

One last question, is it ok for me to switch between maemo and android without damaging my nokia n900? Thanks again!
That's great to hear! Yup you can switch by restartiing the device with the keyboard slid open (that's what you call dual-boot). Enjoy!

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
Hi All:

Does the new UMay N12 support voice calls?

I followed the instructions in nitdroid.com to install on my SD card. I have dual boot and I can boot into android but It does not tell me what version of android I have, it says something like ASOP

Also it does not look like the 2.3.4

What have I installed by following the instructions on nitdroid.com wiki?

How do I update this?

I do not want to install it on my internal drive. I think there should be a simple way to update what I have now. But again, if there is no VOICE support then I just may wait.

Thanks for all the help and support.

KK

Originally Posted by kimkhan View Post
Hi All:

Does the new UMay N12 support voice calls?

I followed the instructions in nitdroid.com to install on my SD card. I have dual boot and I can boot into android but It does not tell me what version of android I have, it says something like ASOP

Also it does not look like the 2.3.4

What have I installed by following the instructions on nitdroid.com wiki?

How do I update this?

I do not want to install it on my internal drive. I think there should be a simple way to update what I have now. But again, if there is no VOICE support then I just may wait.

Thanks for all the help and support.

KK
Check the first page of this thread, voice calls are not fully operational currently.

1. Maemo CSSU (Stock Kernel)
2. Maemo CSSU (Power Kernel 48)
3. Nitdroid N12 UMay (Kernel 2.6.28-07 6-RC6)
4. Backupmenu

Originally Posted by ercanmetin View Post
anybody knows how to reclaim more space for applications on Nitdroid...
currently I cannot install any apps
it says it is low on space...
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
this is mostly due to conflicts in your emmc. Try hooking ur device usb mass storage mode in maemo 5 to your pc and right click it then chec for errors. Also go to settings--> memory and check your memory for installable apps
i have the same problem, im on osx or windows which one should i use to check for errors? also i have 190mb left on memory for installable applications

UPDATE
found an older post and i used windows for error checking, it found no errors and the problem persists.

I cant install any applications in Nitdroid because of it.

help is much appreciated

How to default application install into SD(eMMC)
i just followed these steps so now I have 3gb of storage for apps
http://androinica.com/2010/08/how-to...oid-2-2-froyo/

however the problem still persists when installing launcher replacements.

Last edited by deviantv1ral; 2011-05-25 at 21:23.

Nitdroid N12 seems to work fine for me i.e. i can make phone calls and send sms.. The only problem I have is from the downloaded market apps...It seems that whenever I try to run words with friends or shazam, it says that the app stopped responding and I have two options either: force to close or report...Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Originally Posted by oopockystixoo View Post
Nitdroid N12 seems to work fine for me i.e. i can make phone calls and send sms.. The only problem I have is from the downloaded market apps...It seems that whenever I try to run words with friends or shazam, it says that the app stopped responding and I have two options either: force to close or report...Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks.
Can you really have a conversation using this version?

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ somerset
Originally Posted by rmarcus View Post
Can you really have a conversation using this version?

as stated many times before you can make calls BUT voice is barely audiable if there at all but there is definatly something coming through. sms works fine both sending and recieving.

Thanks dev team for all efforts

well my solution worked for a bit, then i tried installing a launcher replacement, and that needs to be on internal. so how do i fix my issue?

Hello

I recently (Today actually) installed Nitdroid on my N900 and while I'm loving it, I've run into a few problems:

I understand we are at Gingerbread at the moment, but it still seems I have the Froyo statusbar. I can't send text messages aswell. Is there a possibility I may have downloaded an older version off Nitdroid.

I used the autoinstaller btw.

autoinstaller install 0.0.8 you have to do it manually follow instructions on first post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deviantv1ral For This Useful Post:

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid