Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
Microsoft are so competitive they KOed Meego before it got into the boxing ring.

Competitive enough for you ?
amazing what $9 billion can do isnt it?

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:

What MS did to Nokia is not even close to what they have done to others.

This deal is above board - blame Nokia's incompetence in executing the Meego strategy for falling for it. It takes 2 to tango.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
As somebody who owns N900, GS, iphone 4 and have used WP7 device for a day and bought Zune HD back in the days, i really like the UI feel of WP. It's the smoothest UI i have ever used.

Though it got 3 big problems to me that are: that tile home screen, i doubt Microsoft is letting big hacking community around it and browser.
While WP multitasking is no Maemo or webos imo they have done better job implementing it to the UI than Symbian, iphone or Android on this new update.
I will certainly at some point own Windows Phone like any other mobile OS, but i have always waited at least for a year with new OS's(other than for N900).

This deal is above board - blame Nokia's incompetence in executing the Meego strategy for falling for it. It takes 2 to Mango.
Corrected for you!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mdb666 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Yes and no. Yes, there are those. No, there are still many that aren't necessarily ready to break their integrity for money or gifts. What I think happens sometimes with tech journalists is that they prefer to root for everyone and decide to do away with any critical thinking in their reporting. In all honesty, I'm far more likely to believe that that's the case, based on the way they talk. It annoys me when they make innaccurate statements or conveniently forget to do any research (or maybe they don't have a genuine interest in tech) and didn't realize how much better something could/should be or forget that something had already been done before. (ala Microsoft claiming to invent filesystem hard links in a patent, or that Apple DID try to get into the gaming market (remember the Apple Pippin?) WAY before Microsoft, and so on and so on).

Irksome. Just... irksome. Seems less about money and integrity and more a lack of journalists bothering to do some research or a lack of experience.

One cannot hope to bribe or twist
(thank God!) the British journalist.
But seeing what the man will do
unbribed, there's no occassion to

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
One cannot hope to bribe or twist
(thank God!) the British journalist.
But seeing what the man will do
unbribed, there's no occassion to
British or otherwise. Well said.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010

This deal is above board - blame Nokia's incompetence in executing the Meego strategy for falling for it. It takes 2 to mangle.
corrected again

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
corrected again
Man--this is like watching Windows 2000 evolve to XP, evolve to Vista. It's like making a roaring fire worse! ...correction, it's like making a roaring fire BETTER! :P
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
Hopefully we could see CTRL+ALT+DEL in every Windows mobiles !!

Tags
goodbye nokia, im gonnae hurl, microsuck, rotten fruit, winblows