Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I like wp7, it's not that bad UIwise, but I want red and green hardware buttons, it's so frustrating to have to wait for the proximity sensor to hang up, or to have to do 5 different clicks to call the last person...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I like wp7, it's not that bad UIwise, but I want red and green hardware buttons, it's so frustrating to have to wait for the proximity sensor to hang up, or to have to do 5 different clicks to call the last person...
Yeah, it's frustrating on anything different from Symbian. On Anfroid I need to do 4+ clicks (after unlocking the screen) to call the last person.

Not too smart for "smart"phones :/

Hi there!

I've been following this thread from the begining and now I'm really really eager to see Harmattan device from Nokia folks.

Some of the rumors which have been posted here are really too much. For example 720p screen. I thought it would be nice to have such screen, but I never believed that it would come true. Even when ZEHJOTKAH confirmed it. If that info is not from Nokia itself I would not believe anything.

So here I am and I confirming that the device(s) coming from Nokia will be HD ready, i.e. minimum 720p.

Source: PDF file in this bugreport

The Following User Says Thank You to babraq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by babraq View Post
Some of the rumors which have been posted here are really too much. For example 720p screen. I thought it would be nice to have such screen, but I never believed that it would come true. Even when ZEHJOTKAH confirmed it. If that info is not from Nokia itself I would not believe anything
Our "insiders" already said that the 720p screen was most probably wrong.
I don't see anything on the PDF that's revealing anything. If you are seeing something on it you can also try to google some features, mailing lists of RM-680 and you can get any spec you ever want to see inside it.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
found in libofono/gisi (modem driver for n900 and maybe future Harmattan):

"gisi: Add new PhoNet device ID for STE
author Aki Niemi <aki.niemi@nokia.com>
Fri, 4 Feb 2011 12:51:53 +0000 (14:51 +0200)
committer Aki Niemi <aki.niemi@nokia.com>
Mon, 7 Feb 2011 07:51:35 +0000 (09:51 +0200)"

http://git.kernel.org/?p=network/ofo...9418a6e07ab572

Maybe new SoC is STEricsson as rumored before

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Our "insiders" already said that the 720p screen was most probably wrong.
I don't see anything on the PDF that's revealing anything. If you are seeing something on it you can also try to google some features, mailing lists of RM-680 and you can get any spec you ever want to see inside it.
he is referring to the pdf file. there you can see on page 2:

n900: 800x480
n97,5800,n8: 360x640
other: hd-ready

sounds good to me

EDIT: pdf file is from 14.12.10, so everythin could changed... we still have to wait and see, what we will get finally.

Last edited by Brock; 2011-05-26 at 19:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
sounds good to me
I have read lots and lots of good things with more credibility than that little bit of text about upcoming devices just to be disappointed.
That said i enjoy these rumors so keep em coming as far as i'm concerned.

And welcome babraq to maemo talk.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
All I want is a device that is capable of reading a 720p mkv file as well as output it 720p also... Why is that so hard to ask?!

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
What have i missed over last day or so? :P

actually read over some of the pages.. it seems Nokia have thrown the rattle from the pram and won't make any announcement until later in the year?

Nokia should learn to strike while there's a buzz about their products.. alas i'll probably end up getting a Windows phone whenever it's out... it seems to have more going for it......

Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
actually read over some of the pages.. it seems Nokia have thrown the rattle from the pram and won't make any announcement until later in the year?
Why so?
Them not announcing it in CF doesn't mean much as we still got the FCC filling and Nokia's official blog hinting for the announcement in coming weeks.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland