Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by selfish_russian View Post
iPhone5 is coming in september, so nokia should hurry the hell up.

Or they (marketing) would be complete dumbasses (which I think they are, so I'm desperate).
eldar is that you?

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
eldar is that you?
He Can't be Eldar I don't see Samsung mentioned anywhere, but could be Steve Jobs though LOL

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Page 300 here we come

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
it was mentioned somewhere that whenever apple releases the iphone, Nokia Management goes on vacation. So either they release the N9 before september or „later this year“ (31.12.2011)

I think that the delay in the release of a device may also be related to a renewal of ovi store. If they want to sell to the mass the consumer edition, then they must also have a good number of applications available. Otherwise we end up with as N900, when who did not know what they were buying, then complain because there are not all those applications avaiable for iPhone & Co.

Maybe this is planned, so they will then migrate to W7.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Barcelona
The good thing about MeeGo/Harmattan is that Qt is the way to develop apps, so all the Qt applications for Symbian have to work with almost no effort in MeeGo.

Personally I'm quite excited to test Marble. The free apps for open street map on Android aren't very good.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
At MeeGo Conference Dublin we was promised Many Consumer Products would be released by the Next Conference, That Conference as now been and Gone and I'm still waiting for all these Gadgets they promised
This is going off-topic, but some of the Intel representatives with whom I spoke at the San Francisco conference expressed excitement at, and satisfaction with, the large number (five) of MeeGo devices already on the market. In their view, MeeGo is already riding a wave of success that will be further strengthened by the release of a few different reference UX Oak Trail tablets in the coming weeks.

So, from the perspective of at least some Intel employees, it seems the goal outlined in Dublin has been achieved.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
i think nokia nokia meego device will make its appearance in june because of two reasons

1)They have an piled stockpiled amount of goods that will soon go outdated if not released well and nobody will want them after a stipulated amt of time
(Similar situation is there in joseph keeler's Paranoia where it is show how companies goto what lengths to salvage whatever is left out of products which are stockipiled and not sold off or production is cancelled!!!)

2)TheNokiaBlog even before start of meego conferance was the first site to report that the developer device product distribution has been reportedly been moved to june!!!
see article publish date...
http://thenokiablog.com/2011/05/11/n...eloper-device/

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
This is going off-topic, but some of the Intel representatives with whom I spoke at the San Francisco conference expressed excitement at, and satisfaction with, the large number (five) of MeeGo devices already on the market. In their view, MeeGo is already riding a wave of success that will be further strengthened by the release of a few different reference UX Oak Trail tablets in the coming weeks.

So, from the perspective of at least some Intel employees, it seems the goal outlined in Dublin has been achieved.
Hardly achieved anything in my opinion, non of these products are for consumers, non are Smartphones and each of the products what are available are only released in 1 or 2 locations or are originally windows products with MeeGo as an after thought.
Most promising and polished product so far I've seen is the TV boxes.

btw 3 posts left to reach 3000

Last edited by NvyUs; 2011-05-27 at 17:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Donbabbeo View Post
Just for the record, quoting Meego.com here:

Users can use a pinch multi-touch motion to change the switcher into an overview mode. By pinching in, thumbnails move into a grid display. The grid can scale up to a 3x3 version, thereafter the switcher then starts to create new pages. Pinching out, while in the grid mode, changes the view back to larger stacked mode.
Well, that is still a step backward from N900/ Maemo 5.
I guess N900/Maemo 5 is al least TWO steps ahead from the competition with regard to multitasking :-)
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland