Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by ezameht View Post
I wonder what happens when Nokia really announces something...
4000 postings in 3 days?!
IF history repeats, there will be several camps: one that loves it, those that hate it, those that think they could have done better, those that profess that competitors would have done it different, those that will not spend money on it, those that want 2, those that want a keygboard, those that want a Dpad, those that want ubiquitous portrait mode, those that wonder if it will bring world peace.....

In actual fact, most people will have to leave the forum to be alone for a while.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
meego devices at conference.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/25/m...#disqus_thread
If the "news" is older than two hours it's already posted in this thread .... multiple times.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
I know the hardware keyboard is important to many, but my number 1 question still is: will there be USB connector issues like in N900? That was really awful, I am curious to see if they will make sure to have a much better design this time.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ezameht View Post
I wonder what happens when Nokia really announces something...
4000 postings in 3 days?!
that will happen 2015 is my guess. And when it happens we all are soo damn bored of rumors so we have moved too a different platform

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
If the "news" is older than two hours it's already posted in this thread .... multiple times.
You are wrong. We know it even before it makes the news.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Since when was a blogger an official source
Doesn't it strike you as strange that when many people blogged as well as said that they have insider connection to Nokia's managagment who have said that devices will be available at conference this guy moved against the tide and reported that they weren't .

Seems that only he has an actual inside connection to nokia !!!

Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
Yes, among others. Why only 3x3 if it is such a high resolution screen and high spec (ram) device? The other being that you need another step to get into grid view. The grid view should be the default and horizontal view secondary. I don't understand why list view is held in such high regard.
I read from somewhere that it should remember the last view mode so if you leave the grid view and open the task manager again it's in grid view. Or maybe this was a feature request, can't remember.

or maybe he had enough common sense knowing nokia probably wouldnt do it and took a risk and it payed off

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Mark Guim is not just another blogger.

The Following User Says Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
Yes, among others. Why only 3x3 if it is such a high resolution screen and high spec (ram) device? The other being that you need another step to get into grid view. The grid view should be the default and horizontal view secondary. I don't understand why list view is held in such high regard.
e.g.:
you have two terminal windows open
one is the "casual" user
2nd is root
3x3, leave alone 4x4 there is no way to tell which is which
(on top of that, if memory serves well, the order is not fixed (e.g. order in which there were opened) but seems to have a mind of its own )
one row alleviates this seriously

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland