Notices

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
I ended up going with iOS's tune, not sure why, anyway, it's configurable, and not embedded in the binary.

The chat feature is hidden in this version since I didn't work on it a lot (only goes online and shows friends now, you're free to enable it by adding experimental-chat=true to the config file (/home/user/.config/MohammadAG/.config/sociality.conf))

Uploading the new version tonight, a changelog (I think I didn't miss anything):
  • Notes implemented.
  • Single album or single photo download.
  • Fixed events item layout in portrait mode.
  • Attendees button now works in events window.
  • Friends window and news feed window use threading to improve performance.
  • Friends and avatars are now cached (/home/user/.cache/MohammadAG/sociality).
  • Cookies for facebook.com are now saved (/home/user/.local/share/data/MohammadAG/sociality/facebook.cookies).
  • All application menu buttons in the main view (Account settings, privacy settings etc...) now work (as per the iOS app, they redirect to facebook.com's site, since there's no API for this).
  • Notifications will now have visual, audible, and haptic feedback, clicking a notification will open the notification dialog, all of this is configurable in settings (audible notifications will not sound in Silent profile).
  • Youtube videos will now playback inside the application, if you don't like this, simply tap the title bar and open the link in the browser/copy it to your favourite youtube app.
  • News feed window shows links properly.
  • Places does not cause a segmentation fault if you click done without selecting a place.
  • A map widget will show when you select a place to check into.
  • Fixed a memory leak.
  • Delete button will ask for confirmation.
  • Experimental loading widget, thanks to cutetube for the image (this only shows in news feed for now).
  • Like button will correctly show unlike if the post is already liked.
  • Auto refresh implementation, configurable in settings (0 to disable auto refresh).
  • Notifications will be marked as read on facebook.com when they're read
  • Added a donate button to the about dialog

The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Have you added to places a search/add feature ?

Chris

The touch site doesn't seem to have that option anymore, and there's no API to add a place, again vote for this (though I doubt it's going to help...)
http://bugs.developers.facebook.net/...g.cgi?id=13388

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by K9999 View Post
I'm with noelian83, the icon needs to be simple.

Here are some icons I worked on if u wanna put it in consideration

Okay, I'm probably in the minority here, but I feel that the original post icon was more uniquely N900, complete with a picture showing our slide-out keyboard. Could Sociality's post icon be made a configurable, so that we can go back to the original, if desired? If not, is there another way to get the old post icon back on my device?

I agree, except it was cut from the side and that made it look unprofessional.
If you could provide a better icon, I'll happily replace it.

This is changed server-wide, not client-wide, so it's not because of a new version or such.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
I cant see the update?

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Wow,this looks lika a massive update.
And finally a donationlink to MAG(haven't seen one earlier).
Time to honor our saviour with some cash

The Following User Says Thank You to datjomp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
Okay, I'm probably in the minority here, but I feel that the original post icon was more uniquely N900, complete with a picture showing our slide-out keyboard. Could Sociality's post icon be made a configurable, so that we can go back to the original, if desired? If not, is there another way to get the old post icon back on my device?
As I said before, with 16x16 pixels it is impossible to make an icon that *really* is recognizable as a N900.
I cut the edges off intentionally at previous version in order to get a "more close-up", more detail showing icon...

As MAG suggested here is a uncut version (plus previous version for comparison).
Attached Images

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Last edited by Reflektorfalke; 2011-05-28 at 19:32. Reason: Slightly improved new icon

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
While testing on another N900, I found that Qt Mobility 1.2 doesn't mix well with the CSSU update, this only means one thing, the update will be delayed a day, a new CSSU update will be pushed, this will revert Qt back to 4.7.0 with some custom fixes applied on top, then new Qt Mobility libraries if they don't work well with the old 4.7.0 (which they should).

Sorry about this, it should've been fixed earlier :/

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
As I said before, with 16x16 pixels it is impossible to make an icon that *really* is recognizable as a N900.
I cut the edges off intentionally at previous version in order to get a "more close-up", more detail showing icon...

As MAG suggested here is a uncut version (plus previous version for comparison).

Reflektorfalke is right, resizing a real picture into 16x16 icon makes it impossible to identify. (I'd say only N900 users would recognize the picture since they are familiar with the pictures of the device). That's how then I came up with the 1st icon in this list which actually I took it from Ovi suit when u connect your N900 to a PC via USB.

Though I was still trying to come up with a better one perhaps with a keyboard opened but resizing in it into 16x16 made it a joke.

EDIT: the icon I attached is obviously not 16x16,
Attached Images

Last edited by K9999; 2011-05-28 at 22:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to K9999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
facebook, facebook client