Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
@topet
don't install this. Seems I messed up somewhere.
Donīt install what? AudioBooster? I see this thread just now, and got interested, I want to install it, LOL... let me know when this is working

Thanks!

Banned | Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2011
What's great about this earpiece is that you can drive and talk on your phone without the hassle. You can focus in your driving while on phone call.
pinganillo

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
hey SavageD..nice effort..looks like a great script...when can we expect the corrected script to be available again? i seriously need a volume boost on the N900

Originally Posted by aman18narang View Post
hey SavageD..nice effort..looks like a great script...when can we expect the corrected script to be available again? i seriously need a volume boost on the N900
yes yes, but i may have to remove the awesome bass it produces. Also I plan to create an application which allows users to adjust the maximum volume output for various aspects like the speakers, headsets/phones, phone earpiece, bluetooth headsets/phones & tv out....this script nonesense just aint cutting it. So please bare with me, it may take some time to release.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
it seems to me the word "quality" is being mis-used here - certianly with regard to improving sound quality. I have read the entire thread and tho I cannot be entirely sure it seems this script merely messes with "EQ" settings - akin to cranking up the bass knob on a stereo.

whilst this may sound better to some under certian conditons it will as some have reported have very negative effects on quality.

the DAC (digital to analog converter) in the sound output stage of the hardware can only produce levels upto a finite point - and this point is also present in software and the audio stream. by boosting the bass level in software above unity gain many recordings will become "clipped" when played. this resuts in a teerible distortrion and squre wave signal going into your speakers/headphones. to counter this you can atenuate the entire signal so that rather than turning ub the bass you have really reduced everything else - but by sounds of the "makes it louder" comments this is not the case.
square signals into speakers and headphones are "VERY" bad. they are more than likely responsible for the deaths of speakers and headphones also reported in this thread.

under normal circumstances the voltage driving the speaker is varying continusoly, the speakers physical position varies with this which helps in cooling. when the signal is driven to max the voltage becoms static for prolgonged periods of time meaning yr speaker is not only being driven as hard as the amplifier output can achive - but it is also not moving, so it rapidly overheats.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mangodan2003 For This Useful Post:
where do i download audiobooster cant seem to find download link

Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
yes yes, but i may have to remove the awesome bass it produces. Also I plan to create an application which allows users to adjust the maximum volume output for various aspects like the speakers, headsets/phones, phone earpiece, bluetooth headsets/phones & tv out....this script nonesense just aint cutting it. So please bare with me, it may take some time to release.
Nice, great to see this script is being upgraded to an application. This would really work out, as lots of users simply miss the ability to run scripts in the first place, and miss the courage to run not-quite-perfect things in the second place. I think a solution like the one Swappolube provides, works out great!

So, are you aiming at this? I'd like to help on tuning the audio settings, using multiple headphones/outputs and some testing. If you setup a little program to tune the settings (e.g. EQ shape, loudness, volume levels, etc.), I can invest some time in optimizing the 'proposed' values. Thanks a lot for your work, it really improved my N900 experience!

The Following User Says Thank You to BertvanDorp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ indonesia
Where can I find the file "audioboster.sh" no one can I download the file. hope there who can give the saya.thx

where to download??? link???

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
how to download?

Tags
louder volume