Notices

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Smyrna, Atlanta / Bangalore, India
hi mece.. did some testing and would like to add some suggestion,

>> Can you please increase the width/size of the "MORE " button at the bottom of the column, its a bit difficult to use it due to the small size.

>> Also since the column headers have some space(only close and refresh button on them now) can you use that space to Add a button to take us directly to the bottom of that particular column...

Likewise a button alongside "More" at the bottom of every column to take to the top of the column would be fantastic..

Thanks again for you efforts..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bipinbn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mece View Post
Sure. I wanted some feedback on that. I was thinking on making it increase 2 sizes per click instead, and have a bigger top size.
Its big but a lil bigger will do coz in the bus etc, its easier to read larger fonts

brilliant Idea! I need this too
really looking forward to it

click top bar on a user column
hmmm.. yea i didnt see that. thanks

Ive some more suggestions.
-is it possible to save the changes made to the ui. like save font sizes last used and the software to load it at startup rather than resetting it every time?

-the animation use a lot of cpu. an option to turn it offwill be nice..

- is it possible to also increase the font size of the tweet window to the ui font size?

Aston

Yay for continual improvement!

Now we have a fullscreen button, is it possible to get it to disappear after a while, a la MicroB?

Just out of interest, what are you using towrite this? QT?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Fantastic app!
Definitely one of the best apps available for Maemo!
Love the idea, the concept and especially the effort put into UI, eye-candy and animations.
Please keep going and give us more like that

Here are some wishes/issues I have:
- Option to change title of columns
- A set of colors (with matching animations ) that can be assigned to columns. Like make one green, one red, one blue etc.
- Tried to add RSS from here and here, both didn´t work. Is it possible to add support for those feeds?
- Is it possible to show pics included in RSS-feeds?
- RSS feeds seem to have an encoding issue, characters like ä,ö,ü are not shown correctly
- Tweet-box has button below (next to send) labeled "is.gd"

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Fantastic app!
Definitely one of the best apps available for Maemo!
Love the idea, the concept and especially the effort put into UI, eye-candy and animations.
Please keep going and give us more like that
Like what she said...

Here are some wishes/issues I have:
<snip>
- Tweet-box has button below (next to send) labeled "is.gd"
That's a URL shortener; you can type or copy a long URL into the box, hit the button and see it shortened thusly.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2011-05-29 at 23:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
@TomJ It's QtQuick and Qt

@Reflektorfalke It currently only supports RSS 2.0. The feeds on golem.de works for me, as long as I pick the RSS 2.0 ones. The åäöü works in the feeds I use. Could you show me which feed has that problem so I can see whether I can do something about that. I have lots of improvements in mind for the RSS bits, but I have some other issues I'm currently working on, as stated below.

I'm currently working on getting the super annoying startup bug fixed, and as I haven't heard anyone complain about this I just want to check. Do you sometimes get empty columns on startup that wont display anything until you click more? Also does tweed suit sometimes lock up on startup so you have to kill it?

Just want to make sure the it's not just my device that has this problem.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Originally Posted by mece View Post
Do you sometimes get empty columns on startup that wont display anything until you click more?
I confirm!

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Hungary, Szeged
I've got problems with the program
I correctly add my password and username but if I add home and mentions tabs, they doesn't show anything. If i click more it starts to load but after the loading stops the columns remain empty.
I've got protected twitter account, can it be the origin of the problems?

New version 0.7.6-1 is in autobuilder. Should appear in ~15 minutes. It adds soft start, where it loads one column at a time. It's slower to start than before to start, but it shouldn't die of exhaustion on startup at least.

I also changed so that unless you start scrolling in a column, the cachebuffer will be 0. This means it will not cache the stuff you can't see. If you start scrolling the cachebuffer will be set. This means that the first time you scroll a column after start, it can be a little choppy. After that it will be as smooth as before.

There is also some other stuff, perhaps something nice you'll notice

Originally Posted by madstunt View Post
I've got problems with the program
I correctly add my password and username but if I add home and mentions tabs, they doesn't show anything. If i click more it starts to load but after the loading stops the columns remain empty.
I've got protected twitter account, can it be the origin of the problems?
Unfortunately it doesn't work if you switch on HTTPS only in twitter. Even more unfortunate is that disabling HTTPS only in twitter doesn't work. In other words, it's a missing feature in Tweed Suit, and a bug in twitter. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. You can perhaps speed it up by mentioning it to @twitter or @support

Last edited by mece; 2011-05-30 at 12:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
I seem to be suffering some instability. Having random crashes ~20 minutes apart or so. Anyone else have these problems with 0.7.6-1?

Tags
devel, qtqml, tweedsuit, twitter