Notices

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mece View Post
@Reflektorfalke It currently only supports RSS 2.0. The feeds on golem.de works for me, as long as I pick the RSS 2.0 ones.
Thanks for your reply!
Tried http://rss.golem.de/rss.php?feed=RSS2.0 again, but no success, column starts loading, but gives no result...

The åäöü works in the feeds I use. Could you show me which feed has that problem so I can see whether I can do something about that.
This one: http://www.spiegel.de/schlagzeilen/index.rss

I'm currently working on getting the super annoying startup bug fixed, and as I haven't heard anyone complain about this I just want to check. Do you sometimes get empty columns on startup that wont display anything until you click more? Also does tweed suit sometimes lock up on startup so you have to kill it?
Nope never and preferred the non soft-start
All in all the latest version feels a little smoother to me and seems to have improved differentiation between horizontal and vertical scrolling. Scroll down for reload threshold seems to be higher, thats nice as it avoids unintended reloads when going back up in a column.
Like that the bottom buttons disappear, but the column selector squares are quite hard to use, how about using icons instead of the squares (as appropriate, general twitter icon, twitter user icon, rss feed logo icon or general feed icon. or simply numbered icons?)
Oh, and no crashes so far with latest version

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Hi Mece,

Just had another thought and possible suggestion for your Tweed Suit.

Remember I said I had 16 columns set up, which to be fair is a bit much, but what would be cool is to be able to use the keyboards left or right cursor to move between columns (or two columns at a time).

How difficult would that be?

What about assigning the keyboard numbers 1 to 0 to a column.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
0.7.6-2 is in extras-devel. Changelog in first post.

No-one has reported the random crashes I seem to be suffering from. Seems they happen 10-30 minutes apart when idle and having autorefreshing columns. If it's only me then we can assume it's my device, which is good news for the app. Anyway, please mention if you're having a lot of crashes, here or @mece66 on twitter.

I hope to bring this to extras in the near future, so I would like to hear about bugs and problems you're having, so I can get rid of any blockers before I get back to adding features.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
0.7.7-1 in extras-devel. use left and right button to scroll through columns. The tweet and column boxes now get resized for portrait mode. Please let me know if you have crashes. I'm running latest cssu and it works fine, but randomly crashes every now and then for no apparent reason. I suspect the problem is with my device though. Tweed Suit no longer depends on the qt namespace hotfix btw.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Hungary, Szeged
Thank you for the answer
I try to force twitter to solve their bug

mece thanks for all your continuing efforts in compiling this app

One request please: the ability to delete own tweets.

Thanks!

The only problem I have with the app is that it doesn't always load the avatars, apart from that everything seems to working ok on mine.

Originally Posted by mr yoda View Post
The only problem I have with the app is that it doesn't always load the avatars, apart from that everything seems to working ok on mine.
i was having the exact same issue till previous version. once i closed the app and started it up again, no avatars from that point on. apt-get install libqt4-bearer-hotfix .. fixed it. but like mece wrote, latest version no longer depends on qt namespace hotfix. so its a dependability issue with qt for that version you are running. Latest version does not have the missing avatars issue.

Last edited by niqbal; 2011-06-02 at 08:24.

Fabulous app with a wonderful UI,,, My one comment would be that I didn't really get it until I read the first post of this thread.... (the Home column hidden away a little), and my attention span being limited

Maybe add a simple help pain (which need not be much more than the instructions at the start of this thread), and/or add the home column by default when people first install.

The Following User Says Thank You to tpd For This Useful Post:
@ mece when a user goes above character limit, SEND button should be grayed out and not close the window .. By closing window it gives an impression as if tweet was send when infact it wont go through.

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:

Tags
devel, qtqml, tweedsuit, twitter