Active Topics

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by unkle_p View Post
In my uni in Thailand, this would also be useful for kicking out users who suck up the bandwidth with their downloads. They screw things for the rest of us.
Yes, and the correct course of action is to ask the network administration to throttle bulk traffic. I'm not sure how effective ARP-spoofing based "kicking" is for preventing this, since it can go both ways. Everyone can try to co-exist and do their stuff, or they can spend their time kicking each other. Which is more productive?

A random tip of the day: for mutually assured destruction, override a microwave oven's safety control that prevents it's operation while the door is open. You will have an ultimate "kicking" device. Just don't put your head inside it. Eyes may be in danger even from further away.

Originally Posted by unkle_p View Post
Peoples concepts of illegality are classified in psychology. Don't because they say so is one step up from I can do it because I have the power. A real healthy approach would be understanding the functions a law serves, and following the law based on our perception of the function that the law is serving.
Unfortunately most people seem to not break laws only because the risk of being punished. If the risk is non-existent they just go ahead. It might just be a culture thing around here though. I hear Asia is supposed to be less individualistic...

Oh, and:
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
So you're mucking around with ARP tables etc. Maybe you can explain how you can be so sure it doesn't mess up a router?
Because ARP table entries time out, typically in about a minute or so. So unless there is a serious bug in the router (in which case it deserves getting p0wned), things will get back to normal soon after the job is done.

Last edited by juise-; 2011-06-02 at 10:08. Reason: Adding response to jedi

The Following User Says Thank You to juise- For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
The best way to cut off network is to use the tool already available in Maemo :

Code:
rm -rf /

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post

Code:
rm -rf /

LOL Some noobs may beleive it
Don't do that people this will wipe your N900 If done as root

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post

Code:
rm -rf /
Why leave out the important parts?
This will cut networks... But you need to be root....

Sudo!

I love linux.... 4 letters to ruin your day!

The Following User Says Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
I didn't really know the meaning of script-kiddies until I read OP's post. I guess you really do learn something new every day xD

again with the stupidity :P
you just read the first post ? and didn't really read it ?
sorry for not been so geeky like you guys :P i just have important things to do

Important things like going to Starbucks and kicking paying customers off of the network. It's okay, we understand the busy life of a 12 year old skiddie.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
again with the stupidity :P
you just read the first post ? and didn't really read it ?
sorry for not been so geeky like you guys :P i just have important things to do
Very rude of you to say this. You should stick to your "important" things and stop using the N900, it's not for you.
Going to Starbucks is a best case scenario, I bet all you do all day is eat and sleep.

Last edited by mirciox; 2011-06-02 at 19:58.

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Important things like going to Starbucks and kicking paying customers off of the network. It's okay, we understand the busy life of a 12 year old skiddie.
Not that king-of-barcoding-pirates, i was trying to figure out the way cause my little brother is playing with his PS3 online all the time ignoring his homeworks and lessons using out home network which i can easily cut him off with windows netcut, but then he connects with the neighbours wireless whom i don't know. and that kid is annoying just like yourself. got it now my geek friend :P ?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
Not that king-of-barcoding-pirates, i was trying to figure out the way cause my little brother is playing with his PS3 online all the time ignoring his homeworks and lessons using out home network which i can easily cut him off with windows netcut, but then he connects with the neighbours wireless whom i don't know. and that kid is annoying just like yourself. got it now my geek friend :P ?
Maybe encourage your parent(s) or guardian to do their job. Take away the PS3 and make him do his homework.

Or login to the neighbor's access point (default u/p probably) and block his MAC address.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:

Tags
hacking, hax!! *monitor*, no harm done, script kiddies, spoon fed