Notices

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
Having tested this awesome application for a few months now, here's my feedback:

Positives: Great UI, love the searching tool (especially since I have lots of songs) and it is overall a great app to use in portrait mode. In fact, I set it to portrait mode only all the time. Nothing very jabby or choppy about the UI and it's overall very easy to use.

Negatives/Suggestions:
1. I realized that when it is set to rotate landscape/portrait, the audio will be affected unlike the default media player where rotation does not affect the audio playing.

2. Also, when a notification (IM or SMS) appears, unlike the short tone sound and audio keeps on playing without interference, the audio actually stops for the ORIGINAL IM or SMS tone and then continues later after the tone has finished. I honestly prefer the default version where there is a short tone and audio is unaffected at all.

Hopefully these things help somebody.
This has been discussed to death. someplayer 1.x is using qt (phonon) as the backend to play audio. The default mediaplayer uses mafw which has been optimized. This might chnage in somplayer-2.x.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post:
i just download someplayer and when i select a song to play it not playing song properly it plays song like (skiping) plz solve this problem tel me what to do

Originally Posted by sandymahrok View Post
i just download someplayer and when i select a song to play it not playing song properly it plays song like (skiping) plz solve this problem tel me what to do

See post 442 on page 45 of this thread for GUI repair and posts 431, 433 and 434 on page 44 of this thread for X-Term to repair this problem.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Mexico
Originally Posted by Benson View Post

One would ordinarily look at the output of apt-get remove and either say N if there's unexpected stuff, or just reinstall them afterwards...

Anyway, you need to downgrade ogg-support to 1.0.6~rc1 -- I would expect anyone using -testing or -devel repos to know how to do this, but for those who don't, it looks like:
Code:

apt-get install ogg-support=1.0.6~rc1

Originally Posted by dazars1 View Post
this works but also run:
"apt-get autoremove" and reboot (just to be safer)
So far everything was fine, playing mp3 files only, but a few days ago I tried to play music files. ogg, previously if he listened, but now will not play. Nor listen to the default player for the N900.

Anyone know anything about this?.
Was affected due to put the commands listed in previous post?.

Thanks.

HI there,
I have been playing around with Someplayer for a little while. Really like many of the features and functions. Thank you !

Just some questions/feedback:

1) Can I open a Media Player playlist and edit it in Someplayer?
2) If I set the hardware keys to 'skip' instead of volume, this works well, however if i have the 3.5 jack plugged in, it does not work when screen is off, it reverts back to just volume
3) Is there a way to have the default load/view show the album cover? At present when I open the application it always shows the 'list' view.

thank very much.

Originally Posted by dazars1 View Post
Originally Posted by Benson View Post

One would ordinarily look at the output of apt-get remove and either say N if there's unexpected stuff, or just reinstall them afterwards...

Anyway, you need to downgrade ogg-support to 1.0.6~rc1 -- I would expect anyone using -testing or -devel repos to know how to do this, but for those who don't, it looks like:
Code:

apt-get install ogg-support=1.0.6~rc1

So far everything was fine, playing mp3 files only, but a few days ago I tried to play music files. ogg, previously if he listened, but now will not play. Nor listen to the default player for the N900.

Anyone know anything about this?.
Was affected due to put the commands listed in previous post?.

Thanks.

With the App Manager GUI removal method I suggested a few pages back (post 442 on page 45) you do not need to downgrade to a previous version of OGG Support nor have I experienced any futher problems with audio. It does require you remove more programs than the other method (I think), but it works very well (at least it did for me) at resolving the problems. Don't forget the full restart (power down, battery out) after removing all the apps and again after reinstalling them.

David

Last edited by monkeyman; 2011-06-13 at 12:28. Reason: changed "that" to "than"

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Just wanted to say really good work with this player, have been using it some time now.

But i have noticed a bug.

when browsing the list of mp3's, i notice that some files are just displayed as the first letter of the file.

this is only for files where "." is the second letter of the file
Example:
"R.E.M. - Drive" is displayed as "R"
"M.M.A.I. - Pete Yorn - Strange Condition" is displayed as "M"
NOTE: M.M.A.I = Me Myself and Irene

Also i do not have any ID3 Tags (really hate ID3 tags, yes im weird i know...)

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ lagos, Nigeria
can someone pls help me?

am trying to use alarmd to start someplayer to play all the songs in a particular directory starting say 9am every morning, pls what command do i execute.

(i already have alarmed, so i just need the command to issue to alarmed to start someplayer to play a particular playlist or songs in a directory)

any help appreciated, thanks.thanks.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 487 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Novosibirsk, Russia
@kl2010
Someplayer doesn't have direct command argument to play something.
But you can create playlist in player, run it and push to background. Command to start playing:
Code:
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=ru.somebody.someplayer / ru.somebody.someplayer.toggle

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ lagos, Nigeria
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
@kl2010
Someplayer doesn't have direct command argument to play something.
But you can create playlist in player, run it and push to background. Command to start playing:
Code:
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=ru.somebody.someplayer / ru.somebody.someplayer.toggle
thanks alot. trying it now.

i guess this will start someplayer and automatically play whatever someplayer was playing as at the last time(the playlist in this case)?

Tags
music player, nokia n900, someplayer