Notices

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by rm53 View Post
[Edit] after more elaborate usage: still lots of freezes :-(
When do the freezes appear? At random times while using, or in specific situations?

Originally Posted by tedvdb View Post
In my experience it took a day before my checkins begin to appear on facebook. Now they appear almost instant.
I've been using FourCircle for more than a week now and still no go. Will try uninstalling the app and re-installing...hope that'll fix it.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Originally Posted by otacon31 View Post
I've been using FourCircle for more than a week now and still no go. Will try uninstalling the app and re-installing...hope that'll fix it.
FourCircle has NOTHING to do with the fact that your checkins do not appear on Facebook.

Again, check and double check that you have linked your accounts and that Foursquare has the permission to post on your Facebook Wall. If these are enabled, disable them, remove persmissions and RELINK your accounts (I too had a problem a couple of days ago when check-ins stopped appearing on my wall - I, however, did what I suggested above, and everything is woking properly now).

Originally Posted by geojoking View Post
FourCircle has NOTHING to do with the fact that your checkins do not appear on Facebook.

Again, check and double check that you have linked your accounts and that Foursquare has the permission to post on your Facebook Wall. If these are enabled, disable them, remove persmissions and RELINK your accounts (I too had a problem a couple of days ago when check-ins stopped appearing on my wall - I, however, did what I suggested above, and everything is woking properly now).
Ok, did that and all that did now is prevent Fourcircle from accessing any nearby venues. I hit search venue and then press nearby and nothing comes up.

So to note, I've uninstalled and re-installed Fourcircle, unlinked and re-linked my Foursquare accounts with Facebook AND Twitter and still nothing. Now instead of just having an issue with not being able to post to my FB I now have the problem of not having the ability to search for any venues PERIOD.

So AGAIN, is there anything that I am missing?

When do the freezes appear? At random times while using, or in specific situations?
it can freeze after
- clicking Search venue
- clicking Nearby
- selecting a venue
- clicking check in

mostly just after a click/tap operation.

Also, I have the impression, (but not for sure), that FourCircle does not like when network access changes on the fly (e.g. from 3G to WiFi, or from WiFi to 3G, or when roaming from WiFi to WiFi).

Originally Posted by otacon31 View Post
So AGAIN, is there anything that I am missing?
You can try to remove your current FourCircle settings. this can be done bij (in a terminal) removing the config file.
For example:
Code:
rm /home/user/.config/TedvdB/FourCircle.ini

The Following User Says Thank You to tedvdb For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rm53 View Post
it can freeze after
- clicking Search venue
- clicking Nearby
- selecting a venue
- clicking check in
This sounds like network connectivity problems.
the next release will have better notices/messages when network problems appear.

You can try to remove your current FourCircle settings. this can be done bij (in a terminal) removing the config file.
For example:
Code:
rm /home/user/.config/TedvdB/FourCircle.ini
Thanks! That did the trick.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
For some reason I can't seem to check in via FourCircle anymore. I always get an error when I try to, and I can check in with no problems with the other FourSquare client.

The thing is, I like this better because it seems faster.

Anyway, just wanted to submit this bug and ask about any progress with this app, especially in the direction of Photo upload and check-in comments.

For some reason I can't seem to check in via FourCircle anymore. I always get an error when I try to, and I can check in with no problems with the other FourSquare client.
Can you try to remove the ini configuration file like I said in an previous post? The new version will have better error/warning notifications.

Anyway, just wanted to submit this bug and ask about any progress with this app, especially in the direction of Photo upload and check-in comments.
I am currently working on the possibility to choose an category while adding an venue.

I have been quite busy, but I will keep improving FourCircle.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tedvdb For This Useful Post: