Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Reading, Berkshire, UK
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Oh I see. Hopefully the beeb's streams will stay the same for a while. Have a look at the streams available by selecting one of the programmes in this list. I think (but not totally sure) they're client-independent.

Slightly offtopic: Has anyone had any problems playing the mp4 files downloaded with get_iplayer? I assume they're h264? I keep getting the Unable to play media, bad codec message. Thought I had all available codecs installed? And the media player can see + get length of these files... very strange.
Yeah - but the acid test will of course be... can you play out Dr Who through it, direct from the iPlayer server infrastructure...

The Following User Says Thank You to alcockell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Just a quick update. My work on BeBeCe was put on hold for a few days while I was working on the new media player for cuteTube. The time is not lost, as the same code (or most of it) will also be used for BeBeCe media playback. I'll be making more progress on BeBeCe over the weekend.

My website

GitHub

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Slightly offtopic: Has anyone had any problems playing the mp4 files downloaded with get_iplayer? I assume they're h264? I keep getting the Unable to play media, bad codec message. Thought I had all available codecs installed? And the media player can see + get length of these files... very strange.
My get_iplayer downloads play out of sync and jerky, so i have to convert them using a pc.

This applies to the flv files get_iplayer downloads first, and the mp4 files that get_iplayer creates from converting the flv file.

But, when i transfer the mp4 file to the other half's Nokia N8, they play fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to munkiii For This Useful Post:
Moved get_iplayer stuff out of here...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...54#post1025454

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
how's the app coming along marxian, any progress?

Dan

any progress or a early alpha/beta release?

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Is that an echo I hear? :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
marxian are you still working on this?

I got a bit of an update from marxian on the cute tube thread

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1158

He's thanked me for the info so hopefully he's still looking into it.

I realise there have been problems with this and that the shiny new Harmattan device has taken up time fot CuteTube, but is there any news on this? is there any hope it might see light of day or are the problems terminal?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...