Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
But I want more. I want things done in real time even when running in the background. I want full control. I want my avi/mkv video to continuously play while I browse the web to at least hear the sound, youtube video within the web browser to stay playing in background while I check another website, an emulator snes rpg game to stay "running" and count time while I do other things etc. Current hardware can easily do all this, but the OS are not made to do this as the developers/decision makers thing we don't want it.
Fair enough. I am a heavy multitasker myself so I don't need to be convinced of the power of traditional multi-tasking, I am just wondering why OS manufacturers can't do both well. I'm not convinced that it has to be one or the other. At minimum if they could just figure out how to improve session persistence across runtime state that would be great too.

The Following User Says Thank You to geohsia For This Useful Post:
Am I the only one that is actually used and doesn't mind having to charge your phone every single night, and just in case also carries a fully charged extra battery? I don't wanna hear "power consumption" as an excuse to the multitasking debate...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
If your really a Power user then no matter what OS you use you end up needing to charge daily.
I have all modern OS's here with me not one can get through the day without atleast 1 daily charge, N8 does some days but nothing else can what is current.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
If your really a Power user then no matter what OS you use you end up needing to charge daily.
I have all modern OS's here with me not one can get through the day without atleast 1 daily charge, N8 does some days but nothing else can what is current.
Definitely!... Use all day, charge at night while you sleep. Now I've heard even N8 can consume a full charge in less then a day if you are using it too heavily... Now imagine if we were using power-hog Atoms! :Q

I am hoping Jessie's Girl is chubby, with lots of energy stored in that bottom part of her, so we can hack into that body of hers until late, late at night!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nwerneck For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by nwerneck View Post
I am hoping Jessie's Girl is chubby, with lots of energy stored in that bottom part of her, so we can hack into that body of hers until late, late at night!
I felt dirty after reading this ^

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
Am I the only one that is actually used and doesn't mind having to charge your phone every single night, and just in case also carries a fully charged extra battery? I don't wanna hear "power consumption" as an excuse to the multitasking debate...
You are not a common user. The thing is 770, 800, 810, 900 were not meant for common people. They do not want to charge every day, nor to carry additional battery.

iPhone was created for ordinary people, so they can feel special.

You may want to carry a car accumulator all the time with you (russian wrist watch joke), if it makes you happy, but that will not make happy at least 1/2 of population.

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-06-04 at 22:49.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
You are not a common user. The thing is 770, 800, 810, 900 were not meant for common people. They do not want to charge every day, nor to carry additional battery.
I must be surrounded by non-common users.
My parents charge their Android phones every night.
My wife charges her iPhone4 every day. Same for my workmates.
My cousins all charge their iPhones/Androids every day as well.
Heck, many iPhone users I know carry portable emergency chargers.
Majority I believe are now used to charging whever possible.
Especially considering nearly all phones are now "smartphones".
Many non-geeks use their mobile phones MORE imo. (constant sms, phone calls etc)

Well, if you use Nokia S40 phones, then you can afford not to charge often.
I have a tiny Nokia X3-02 as well for work and I charge every 3-4 days.

Last edited by jakiman; 2011-06-05 at 00:02.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
This is going to drive away a lot of users that love Maemo because of the ability to customise and make the device "my own". Oh well, we are a minority anyway so I understand the rationale behind this design decision.
Sorry to add to the noise and speculation here but it doesn't matter if there is a lack of customization on the new device because we will find a way to hack/customize it anyways.

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
You can now stop bickering

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/02/t...abandon-meego/

There will be no n9 nor any other meego/maemo devices from nokia. Just wp7 from here on out...

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by keljuk View Post
You can now stop bickering

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/02/t...abandon-meego/

There will be no n9 nor any other meego/maemo devices from nokia. Just wp7 from here on out...
read the full article instead of engadgets snippets
btw old news round here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland