What the screen look like? All that other **** don't matter lets get this out the way. Am I the only one that wants to know? This a big part of if I want the n9 since they took the keys away. Seems like the most important question is being ignored. Someone please tell me something, we in the same boat just fellow Nokia fans

Originally Posted by mece View Post
So what you're saying is that K123 (and Zehjotkah) are plain lying? Sort of a guilty until proven innocent type of deal I guess. But why? You say FCC report. Well what does that report say? We know from the report that a device was tested, we know it had these radios and those frequencies and whatnot. We know that at least one of these devices exist. (The one that was tested) My question is how do you get from "a device exists" to "you're lying about this other device"? There seem to be some pieces missing there.

PS As a profanity enthusiast, those ****ing *'s make me see red. Censorship blows!
if youve read my thread or my posts, i always allow for another device, i dont deny it like so many "purists" deny the HWKB device and pass it off as if its a red headed stepson never to be let out of the dungeon. never said Lankku wasnt real, its just not as tangible as Dali. what i will say however is the substantiation of their musings is not as concrete as the FCC doc. till otherwise theres only one device, that we have seen and another that elop flashed but i cannot glean anything from that so i will leave it alone ... i guess my message has been enveloped by my passion, which was and has always been, wait.

we WILL find out, thats a fact, but right now i have to act under the auspice that no one on knows. i apologize if i called him an outright liar.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Q4 doesn't sound unrealistic. The deafening silence from Nokia can mean anything, but so far we didn't hear any dates except "2011". So I won't be surprised if it'll come in December
I doubt Nokia will release the Device in Q4, Simple reason is why would they want to go against there Windows phone devices what are pencilled in for Q4.
It would be seriously embarrassing if there platform on life support out sold there high end future.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
It is my hope that nokia will release one meego phone every year with a clear update path. I'm a delusional fool, I know.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Athens Greece
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
It is my hope that nokia will release one meego phone every year with a clear update path. I'm a delusional fool, I know.
me to that make as 2 fools

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zapotek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Iīd skip releasing this device if I was Nokia. No good can come of this any more. I personally want the device, but from Nokiaīs current disastrous state of affairs after Elopīs Big Talks itīs basically dead.

- The device people are crying out for is the keyboard one that Elop himself killed once he got in.
- The device that will be released (keyboardless) wonīt be marketed. Itīll be sold but buried somewhere on websites, not advertised.
- The devices are running Maemo Harmattan, that Nokia would like to call Meego-something, but canīt because it isnīt Meego.
- The device canīt look good because the WindowsPhone devices need to be the most awesomestest things ever released by Nokia, if Elop is to ever escape from this merely looking like a fool for destroying Nokiaīs revenues for 2011. So he has to hope that thisīll be a completely botched affair and make sure it is unsupported by the Nokia marketing machine.

Last edited by olighak; 2011-06-06 at 23:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2011 @ /dev/ttyS0
I can't help but think the new WP7 phone will use the same hardware as the new supposed "consumer" harmattan phone.

Regardless, I think it would be great if they released 2 devices at a time... each with the ability to run either maemo/meego or WP7. The 2 devices would have the same internal hardware, but one with a hwkb chassis, and the other w/o. So if they produced a single device, they could easily repackage it into a 2nd device... and in the end they would have 4 devices (2 devices x 2 OS's) in total to sell. I think that would be really efficient, as well as giving consumers a choice in what they want.

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
I notice that people keep trotting out the Nokia "then and now" strategy picture.
Look where Meego sits......
right at the very top.
above WP

That WP is going to replace Symbian is common knowledge and makes sense from both MS and Nokia perspective.
MS needs the sort of massive number of handsets that currently is the domain of Symbian and Nokia needs a replacement for an OS that is perceived as outdated and beyond redemption.

A part of the appeal of a high end handset is exclusivity (and features) and "another WP handset" won't fit the bill. Even a maemo 6 handset this year will give Nokia the time it needs to refine Meego in house.
Nokia is still contributing to Meego core (and trunk) and what they do with the UI is there own business and has no need to be done in the open.

As for FCC, well testing and approval can be done in a couple of weeks, and given suggestions that we can expect release in September, that leaves plenty of time for the admin and log

The Following User Says Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
there is many reason it doesnt get released one is: it would be bad cause everybody knows about the leaked pictures from Q3 last year. Every damn mobile media sites knows about it and it would just look stupid release that one a year after it actually appeared on internet.
Everybody knows it from the leaked pics and vids from yesteryear, and it still looks awesome! Jessies's Girl with her old-hardware beats any existing device today hands down in the fighting ring of my heart!... Gimme old leaked rumored 1GHz MaeeMo mobile computer!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nwerneck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
I still hope there will be a way to get the developer device.
How do you get into the developer program wherein the developer devices are doled out?
I am a skeptic of the "no hwk to the n00bs" hypothesis myself, but better safe than sorry. Develop! Do you know anything about programming? If not, start learning. If you know what iterations and recursions are, download the Qt SDK from http://qt.nokia.com/ _right now_ and start playing with it, it's simply awesome. It comes full with a device emulator and stuff to help you get your code complied for phones in Nokia, and published for the public.

Of course you need that, and an idea... I'm sure you agree with me there is limitless potential in mobile apps, so reach for the stars and Jessie's Girl will knock on your door.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nwerneck For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland