Notices

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I simply don't like his attitude since I did inform about the issue, thereafter going as far as fixing it myself. In the end, the only response I get it "good job, but I really couldn't care less"

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
I simply don't like his attitude since I did inform about the issue, thereafter going as far as fixing it myself. In the end, the only response I get it "good job, but I really couldn't care less"
I understand that, but I still think you over reacted and were rude.

I use your fixed battery icons, but to be honest; before you posted those, I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the original ones you blamed to be "drawn by ms paint"....

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

I know I came off as rude and that was kinda the point. I did point out and I did fix the graphics in a civilized manner, but that apparently didn't work out so well. I do have a tendency for rants, but to my defense, I only do it when I deem it necessary. I know the graphics are not going to be incorporated the the iconset especially after the rant, but at least I got to prove I was right (yes, I am a terrible person).

Enough of the drama already.

The Following User Says Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Unfortunately, I have a lot more going on at the moment than dealing with complaints about voluntary work I have done, however so as not to be seen as ignoring you, I shall reply in as civil a manner as possible.
The icons I used for the battery status were straight from tiheums faenza pack. And yes the battery divisions had to be adjusted to account for the charging scale used by maemo. I noticed the set you made available have a green fill? Why is that? Faenza battery icons have a red through to yellow, yellow to green gradient.
Never mind. I guess that is just taste rearing it's ugly head again.

The reply I gave to your post clearly wasn't to your liking. If you were expecting me to jump all over it and update the package then and there, then sorry, I don't have the time or inclination to do so right now, and so didn't wish to say that I would.

You might have noticed there has been NO development or additions to this icon pack for some time. That is because I don't have the spare time to do it currently. I was on annual leave when I first put the pack together and as such had more time.

As to the "I know the graphics are not going to be incorporated the the iconset especially after the rant," you are probably right. They don't properly match the Faenza theme I am working off. However, if they were to display the colours in the faenza samples attached then they quite probably would. (Once again, when I get the time to do it.)

Enough of the drama already.
I must admit, I did find this funny.
Attached Files
File Type: zip battery.zip (86.3 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by shazosbourne; 2011-02-09 at 14:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to shazosbourne For This Useful Post:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/805039/battery_colorful.zip

Originally Posted by shazosbourne View Post
I must admit, I did find this funny.
That's right. Oh, the irony.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
excellent work, thanks a lot!

one thing i'm missing, i've installed the tablet/phone mode control. the "tablet mode" shows only a questionmark icon after choosing the icon pack in theme customozer. the one for the "phone mode" is the old one and ok.

cheers
jens

@ d-iivil,

Maybe this is not he right place to post for you, but I guessed you will receive this as you're following this thread.

I use your themes, especially the smoothblue is my favorite. However, in yours or other themes, generally the main desktop background is blue or different shades of blue and in all cases the telephone icon is also blue. When icon background is removed, this makes selecting the telephone icon very hard. Is it possible to consider this in future versions or would you help explaining me to create my own color for the icon?