Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
OFFTOPIC:
I just had a look at the Wiki, I was expecting disasters.
Impressed.
Guys...you rock.
topet2k12001 and all contributors,
RESPECT.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
yeah close the keyboard when turning on.
Does doing this effect the maemo boot sequence in any way?

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by jackdoor View Post
Does doing this effect the maemo boot sequence in any way?
Not really. In my experience, when booting the N900 with the keyboard closed, it boots the last OS used.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by topet2k12001 View Post
You may need to set up an APN so that you can use 3G. Not sure how it is configured for carriers from other countries (I'm in the Philippines). I Googled up some APN settings for the phone carriers here, entered them into NITDroid (under Settings->Connections/Networks), and there you have it. It even allows for browsing via proxy servers by configuring the proxy IP Address and Port on the APN settings.
In my settings in (Wireless & network settings) the Mobile Networks option (set options for roaming, networks, APN) is grey out, as in I can't select it. I click on it and it just flashes and does nothing.

How have you managed to get into the APN area to set yours? I checked out the list of APN's available on the NITDroid website, and I can see my Network is available, but I am not sure how to set it.

If you could help Tope2k12001 that would be much appreciated.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Last edited by MyNokiaN900; 2011-06-05 at 12:03. Reason: spelling mistakes

i installed apn manager from the market before I could add my own APN

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Is anyone currently working on calling?
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
In my settings in (Wireless & network settings) the Mobile Networks option (set options for roaming, networks, APN) is grey out, as in I can't select it. I click on it and it just flashes and does nothing.

How have you managed to get into the APN area to set yours? I checked out the list of APN's available on the NITDroid website, and I can see my Network is available, but I am not sure how to set it.

If you could help Tope2k12001 that would be much appreciated.
Hi Friend,

Okay, I'll try to help as much as I can. I may need:

1. your screenshot of where it's grayed out (I'll also prepare mine so that you can visually compare)
2. The APN Settings for your mobile network. I know it may not work if I set it up from where I am but I just wanted to check some things.

Quite honestly I don't know how the regulations go as far as service providers in other countries; maybe it just so happens that it's easy to set up for mobile providers in the Philippines (we're big fans of text messaging, lol).

Originally Posted by pdf5 View Post
??????????
I have the same problem. Only I did a clean install of N12. Any solutions. Pls do help.

Hi,

installed the newest version some days ago, searched the forum but there is one thing I can't find or figure out: what is the assignment for the hardwarebuttons like Home or menue? Any pointers?

Regards,
Glasswalker

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid