Murda, we dont seem to have any word confirming the screen resolution. Although word on the streets seems to be unlikely to have 720p :S BUT same word claims at least should be capable of playing 720p (and maybe 1080p) to my understanding. But K123 was unable to calculate the number of pixels on screen

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Donbabbeo View Post
Uhm, this make me wonder what the hell is the SoC...

We should exclude TI OMAP 36XX, because there isn't HDMI out.
Maybe a combo Cortex-A8 + Broadcom gpu?
Wrong, even the cpu in the N900 has hdmi/dvi out, look at panda board. This is something that really annoyed me when the N900 came out, if it had had HDMI it would have been the first.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
So, I have just read several indications that the screen of the device will make typing much easier than other virtual keyboards. The only conclusion I can draw from that is that the device somehow gives accurate haptic feedback while typing. Question is, does this happen through vibration, electronic stimuli or raised profiles....

Who knows!?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by NOMOS View Post
So, I have just read several indications that the screen of the device will make typing much easier than other virtual keyboards. The only conclusion I can draw from that is that the device somehow gives accurate haptic feedback while typing. Question is, does this happen through vibration, electronic stimuli or raised profiles....

Who knows!?
Where did you read that? If it come form nokia, changing color of the buttons could be a reason for such a statment. It doesn't have to be anything advanced at all...

Originally Posted by NOMOS View Post

Who knows!?
Am i the only one that feels slightly insulted if electronic stimulus is being used...? I mean...you are actually tricking the human brain into believing something that is not, lol. Anybody heard of H.A.A.R.P. ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Just bought an E7 to my collection. Anyone want to switch this against a dev phone when nokia give it away for free?
You know whats been on my mind? How they say the N9 hwkb wont work cause of the hinges but the E7 hinge looks the same and if not why not just used the E7 hinges since I haven't heard anywhere about the E7 having hinges problems. That way they can release 2 devices same os. Just something to think about, NOT bring up the hwkb debate anyone just something that ran thru my mind after reading post after post in this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hotshot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Wrong, even the cpu in the N900 has hdmi/dvi out, look at panda board. This is something that really annoyed me when the N900 came out, if it had had HDMI it would have been the first.
Hmm the panda board contains a A9 and that one have hdmi

The Following User Says Thank You to Lullen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xxMurdakillxx View Post
Any word on the 720 screen? Ain't it my turn to be answered now. Just say **** off or something but no need to ignore me. I been a Nokia fan for several years since the n95 8gb my first Nokia phone ever since I been down. I'm just excited. If you wont or can't tell me cool, but it seems like we getting answers so I'm asking. Feel me. What the screen looking like please. And I feel like everyone else....we been waiting years for a beast device. This the last thing to confirm or get a hint about. Screen
WVGA........ i confirm with senior now

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Koajwujwer123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Where did you read that? If it come form nokia, changing color of the buttons could be a reason for such a statment. It doesn't have to be anything advanced at all...
Perhaps, the conclusions are mine indeed, and I could very well be wrong. I just found it very coincidental that I have a friend (that could know) that has told me such things a while back, reiterated that same thing via email, and then on Zehjotkah's site the last sentence also implies the same. There is something special about the screen/keyboard, and that is all I know. That is why I come here to find more info.

So far, the following things are hinted at here, some sort of curvature (real of virtual), some technology that makes a HWKB superfluous, and a new thing called "our next sense". Maybe they are all the same, maybe not, but I am trying to figure it out.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
You know whats been on my mind? How they say the N9 hwkb wont work cause of the hinges but the E7 hinge looks the same and if not why not just used the E7 hinges since I haven't heard anywhere about the E7 having hinges problems. That way they can release 2 devices same os. Just something to think about, NOT bring up the hwkb debate anyone just something that ran thru my mind after reading post after post in this thread.
That is how I want it. But according to rumors. Nokia do not agree. Lets to like the rest of the vendors and see what that will take nokia

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland