Active Topics

Hello everybody

I bought a N900 last december and i encountered the biggest problem yet.
I noted that the phone didn't like to have an emergency switch off, like when your batteries are used up.
The day before yesterday I just happenned to pass by my phone and just hear the low battery alarm.I just had time to open the phone and saw that the battery had already reached 0%. There lay be a possibility that it just crashed due to power feeding issues before it had time to close all programs correctly.
Since then, there is no sign of activity, even when I plug in the power adapter, except when I press the "U" to activate the flash mode.
When I do that it randomly twinkles green, then the led goes orange before just disappearing after a inute or so, to no result whatsoever. If I plug the power supply off and on again, nothing happens anymore, I have to remove the battery at least an hour long before attempting a new flash mode start.
My N900 is in dual boot with NITdroid. I set it up some time ago, just to see what it would do, but i rarely used it, so it isn't functionnal at all.
The kernel used with this is a copy of the ghost. "RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin" , installed just before NITdroid was settled.
I think the boot loader to be responsible for all this mess, but as It's not really my field, I have no means to be sure.

Could somebody give me any clues on this issue ?

Thx

Last edited by Malone; 2011-06-08 at 18:26.

Nobody have an idea ?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Charge up your battery and it will boot just fine. The problem is the Multiboot preventing the original kernel from booting. This is why it can't charge the battery. Find someone with a Nokia 5800 or N900 and swap the battery. Get a spare battery or something would help alot.

flashing mode will not work when low battery. Try leave the phone plug into power to see if the original kernel is loaded and charge. if you see orange light then its charging else get a spare battery. Else get ride of Multiboot or nitDroid.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Lucky day : I found a friend who get an old 5800 !

I plugged his battery in my n900, it start immediately

And his 5800 accepted to charge my battery!
Problem solved

Thanks a lot Max