Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
It all depends on the language used to write the apps. QT seems to be all good, GTK might be problematic...depending if somebody (Nokia) releases a good porting tool. Games will always find a way to be cracked.
There! answered, next! lol

There's an app for that!
Is it opensource, I am concerned about security. Or do I have to run?

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
So N9/ION/N950/U/... will be able to run Meego applications made for arm only or are those made for Intel tablets are supported too ?
Different architecture = need to recompile. Also if still deb vs rpm, somehow need to repackage too.
Quite easy if you have the sources.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Barcelona
Nooo, this thread is dead today... How will I kill time at work now...
Want stuff to speculate about? What about a rumor about Samsung buying Nokia? Or Nokia's shares dropping even more today?

So N9/ION/N950/U/... will be able to run Meego applications made for arm only or are those made for Intel tablets are supported too ? will those webOS games work ? The N900 can be used to remote control a nuclear bomb using Ir, how good is NFC to replace this function ? Batterylife ? unicorns ?

There, some questions to keep discussion go on.
About battery life...

I remember one of K123 posts:

"good. lasts day of usage. better than andro jeje"

At first I was like "whatever", but after reading what this guy did with the device, I am feeling quite impressed. I mean has said he played video and multitasked around with the phone and one time (or more) I recall him saying that its 720p video whats playing in the background. I would think he did that often.

If you had this really awesome prototype phone, and you knew that you would return it soon, would you even put down the damn thing?

IMO and basing on this, battery life will be pretty good for "normal" usage.

2 cents...

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by shady View Post
... surprise, i disagree. theres no way i could make my device, with the resources i currently have so i agree there. however if i was able to hackjob a table top device (pandora/beagle) may be able to convince someone to say hey this is worth it for a tiny group that would eat it up.

veyron/ps3 status
I was refering to our possibilities in the current group we have for that project. Of course if a Marc Shuttleworth jumps in, the things would be totally different. But we don't have the ressources to produce a Veyron or a PS3.. ^^

Originally Posted by viic View Post
for the project of an "open smartphone" how you think to produce it? there is some company that create smartphone on your indications?
yes. You would be amazed to know what chinese are doing these days.

So N9/ION/N950/U/... will be able to run Meego applications made for arm only or are those made for Intel tablets are supported too ? will those webOS games work ? The N900 can be used to remote control a nuclear bomb using Ir, how good is NFC to replace this function ? Batterylife ? unicorns ?

There, some questions to keep discussion go on.
At the risk of breaking my NDA, unicorns are a go.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
At the risk of breaking my NDA, unicorns are a go.
I approve that message and I'm sure K123 (surely facing the near death after agreeing) as well.

I wanna know what the Nokia Research Center Cambridge is currently working on! Who do I have to bribe? :P

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
I wanna know what the Nokia Research Center Cambridge is currently working on! Who do I have to bribe? :P
http://research.nokia.com/biblio

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
http://research.nokia.com/research/h...bile_platforms

http://research.nokia.com/locations#cambridge_uk

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland