Originally Posted by selfish_russian View Post
Nokia will be dead in several years, guys. Face it.
As well as SE and probably moto (though domestic market can help).

That's where economy goes. So, for now let's just hope that N950 will be good as hell and releases quickly, so we can use for a 2-3 years.
I think think the flies are already at the scene.

They better announce it fast, or there may not be anybody to make an announcement.

The most likely fate of N9(50) is/are to become collector's item(s).

Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
The most likely fate of N9(50) is/are to become collector's item(s).
If somebody has expected something else after WP announcement i'm surprised.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
If somebody has expected something else after WP announcement i'm surprised.
That is true, but I did not mean that. The way the things are going now I think we may end up with lower production volume if at all.

How many prototypes have been produced so far?
Is mass production in progress? (this could affect stocks)

Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
That is true, but I did not mean that. The way the things are going now I think we may end up with lower production volume if at all.

How many prototypes have been produced so far?
Is mass production in progress? (this could affect stocks)
Nokia will survive easily till N9.
I don't think you need to worry about that. While there's overload of gloomy news(much of it is rightly so) it's good to remember that Nokia made 200 million euros more profits last Q than HTC and got a bit over 10 billion euros of cash reserves.

We are still far from Moto and SE losing money for years, but heading there if things don't change. Talking about not being operational is a bit too early.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
IF this N9 really is so groundbreaking, and also IF it gets a wide adoption (by wide, I only mean that all manufactured units, be them low or even lower are quickly sold), then MAYBE the board will reconsidering the current strategy and position WP7 as "another" platform instead of "THE" platform upon which to produce their handsets... Too many IFs here, IMO.

OTOH, maybe an acquisition by Sammy would reposition Meego as a true platform, who knows... That would be funny, to be purchased by a rival and that they would take Meego to where Nokia dreamed to...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunwong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
So there will be no Gorilla Glass but something else that make it FREAKING AWESOME ? Like when I touch it, it touch me back and we can share funny thoughts together ? Now this is good enough to not care about unicorns.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Samsung buying Nokia? nope
Samsung interested in MeeGo? hell, yes.

Gorilla Glass: I haven't said that it isn't glass. Just that I didn't meant specifically any sort of glass.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
when this phone will be on the market our mission is to help nokia to sell a lot so maybe elop will decide to produce new hamanattan/meego phone instead of abandon meego for Windowsuckphonesheetsevensucksheet

The Following User Says Thank You to viic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Samsung buying Nokia? nope
Samsung interested in MeeGo? hell, yes.

Gorilla Glass: I haven't said that it isn't glass. Just that I didn't meant specifically any sort of glass.
Where did you hear about the samsung and meego stuff? Is it close to a announcement?

The Following User Says Thank You to Lullen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
Yep, that is what I was saying... Except for that we are no way enough people to make Nokia reconsider their strategy. The handset should really sell in "volume".

@zeh, I also don't think that Samsung would buy Nokia, but imagine what they could come up with if they had Harmattan-Meego on their hands... They would quit Android for sure

Where is Peter@Meego, BTW? Still @Nokia? He's been nowhere to be found for a long time....

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland