Active Topics

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
1. Windows CE --> FAIL
maybe for consumer products, but win CE was and is widely used in industrial setups.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to max_power For This Useful Post:
IF the display resolution of the Harmattan device is to be correct 854x480 pixels, FWVGA. That means it will pack 179520 more pixels than Symbian 640x360 device displays. To say that the N8, C7 Active-Matrix OLED displays have something like a pixel density of 209 Pixels Per Inch, they are nice looking.

The samsung galaxy wasn't that far ahead either with 233 Pixels Per Inch. But IP4 has 326 Pixels Per Inch. Not that you need anything over the 209 PPI on Nokias phone to be able to physically see a difference with the human eye anyway. However some might perceive a slight difference in edge definition bouncing out at you.

As long as contrast is excellent, good black & whites & there should be a nice experience on harmattan 4.0" display. Supreme OLED. If it gets large battery & very lowe power consumption SoC + OLED + power efficient Linux = Good average battery life. Considering BT4.0 also save much more power than BT3.0 & so does BT3.0 save more power than BT2.1!!

The Following User Says Thank You to 1337INT13H For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
about paranoid worriyng:
Meego was never meant (and won't be able for some years) to provide a correct portfolio for Nokia. The fact that this device is good or not cannot change the issue with Symbian, which is waaay more important for Nokia than maemo/meego is. So there won't be any rethinking of the strategy.
=> Nokia needs WP7, no matter how successfull the Meego device will be.

Nokia pays for WP7, and share WP7 with other manufacturers. It needs options to weight against Microsoft, otherwise it will cost them a lot more.
=> Nokia needs Meego, no matter how unsuccessfull the Meego device will be.

Just don't expect Meego neither to disapear, nor to become uber important in the next years or so. But I think this has already been discussed a lot.
Well I think that the device might be able to drive a change in strategy, though not dramatic...

I am specifically thinking in terms of amount of $ to be invested in Meego R&D, and also in the future product pipeline for Meego. We all know that Symbian is on its way to the dodo. In fact It was just a matter of time that people would stop buying the ugly thing.

@sjgadsby: Elop is not Nokia. Nokia is the corporation, and the one which will have to make decissions at their board, based on the market. I mean, not me nor anyone here will have zero interest on what the freaking Elop will gain or lose, wont' we? It is more like "let's see what the market says about the Meego device and whether this makes the board fire the mole or not..."

The Following User Says Thank You to sunwong For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sunwong View Post
It is more like "let's see what the market says about the Meego device and whether this makes the board fire the mole or not..."
hehe. Elop had plenty of time to turn things around. It seems it take forever to keep making small code changes to symbian.

But that's just the problem spending too much time on something which needs too much work to bring it upto spec.

So with Meego it's a chance to start again from scratch & not bodge it all up like Symbian!!

Originally Posted by Engadget
Stephen Elop said at the Open Mobile Summit: "Apple created Android, or at least created the conditions necessary for Android to come into being"

We're on to you, Mr. Elop. It's a classic diversionary tactic. Get the one and two smartphone / tablet OS vendors squabbling and then execute a flanking maneuver while nobody's watching. Why else would the Nokia CEO make such an emotive claim? Unless it's true?
https://twitter.com/#!/superglaze/st...42019907915776

https://twitter.com/#!/lifeisbettero...42121003225088

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/secto...027290.article looks like the N9 could be a doubt after reading this

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ddwwf1 View Post
http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/secto...027290.article looks like the N9 could be a doubt after reading this
This ****ing MESS never ends.

Now can that ****ing broken Nokia crapcompany say right NOW if there still be a meego handset this year or not cause I really begining to wonder!?

Today we hear Meego CTO leaves, and now reading this about Meego!!!

WTF! is going on on this ****ing company!

I guess itr really time to move on now to another platform cause we have been rumored for over a year and been dissapopinted PLENTY of times!!!!

I am sure there IS a Meegohandset but I am questioning if we will see it in our hands...

Looks not too me!!!

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-06-09 at 16:18.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Zürich
I made a final drawing in photoshop. i think this one is as close as it gets. the gray area around the screen should be touch sensitive.

Last edited by nikrohr; 2011-06-09 at 16:43.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nikrohr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by nikrohr View Post
I made a final drawing in photoshop. i think this one is as close as it gets. the gray area around the screen should be touch sensitive.

Get over it The damn device will not be released atleast not with Meego or Maemo :@

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
This ****ing MESS never ends.

Now can that ****ing broken Nokia crapcompany say right NOW if there still be a meego handset this year or not cause I really begining to wonder!?

Today we hear Meego CTO leaves, and now reading this about Meego!!!

WTF! is going on on this ****ing company!

I guess itr really time to move on now to another platform cause we have been rumored for over a year and been dissapopinted PLENTY of times!!!!

I am sure there IS a Meegohandset but I am questioning if we will see it in our hands...

Looks not too me!!!
There is nothing new in what Elop said. This is the same as was said on February 11.

So relax

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to generationally For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland