Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
For a moment, I thought abill_uk was being tongue-in-cheek parodying the way people automatically react around here to ANY negative criticism of Nokia, Maemo or MeeGo. I would have been in agreement at criticizing the knee-jerk reactions, but then he continued.. and continued and I began to realize he wasn't parodying it--he's revealing himself (yet again) as a knee-jerk reactionary to honest criticism.

Get over it, abill_uk. If Nokia and, in particular, MeeGo is to improve it will need astute observations and criticism. The fact remains that Nokia is in its current predicament mainly BECAUSE it seems to never wants to seriously consider communications and the ideas from its own engineers and customers.

Sincerely,
Sir Negatron Dan!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
If you're interested in a "finished" MeeGo OS (which isn't really our goal) then contribute.
I cannot concentrate on MeeGo at all right now as i am working on a different project at the moment.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
why the hell r ya guys wasting words for abill-uk ,lets assume as if he is half insane or deliberately doing so .please save your words for better things to discuss ,no one is interested in personal riot ,better be a good server of this community .if you guys have to use slangs ,u may do it in PM ,please,dont hurt every one's eyes .atleast not mine .****ing medical books are enough to read ,not your personal base **** .
N900 comes with maemo or meego ,in the end it will hail N900 .so no need of your personal shits .now fk it .

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
why the hell r ya guys wasting words for abill-uk ,lets assume as if he is half insane or deliberately doing so .please save your words for better things to discuss ,no one is interested in personal riot ,better be a good server of this community .if you guys have to use slangs ,u may do it in PM ,please,dont hurt every one's eyes .atleast not mine .****ing medical books are enough to read ,not your personal base **** .
N900 comes with maemo or meego ,in the end it will hail N900 .so no need of your personal shits .now fk it .
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of your garbled mess of punctuation and shorthand. If you're trying to criticize language used correctly, you should at least have the decency to make sure you don't appear the worse for it. Good day, sir.

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Philadelphia
flailingmonkey Internet Forum Translation Service.

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
Translation:

Stop responding to abill_uk. We should assume he is not of a sound mental state, or acts with a deliberately malicious intent. His personal rants contribute nothing to this community, and should be reserved for private messages. Every one of his posts is offensive to read, not just to myself but to all talk.maemo.org members. The facts are that N900 has the option of running Maemo or MeeGo, and we are tired of your bull**** abill_uk.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flailingmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I don't think we need to start sacrificing people to appease the gods. In a way, if the actions of one sometimes deranged person drove someone away, I frankly think the fault lies in the person overreacting.

Translation: people shouldn't be jumping off of cliffs because of abil_uk. If they are, it's their fault.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I don't think we need to start sacrificing people to appease the gods. In a way, if the actions of one sometimes deranged person drove someone away, I frankly think the fault lies in the person overreacting.

Translation: people shouldn't be jumping off of cliffs because of abil_uk. If they are, it's their fault.
When a poster makes it the point of their existence to belittle your efforts and spread lies and discontent at what must already be a testing time given the political situation at Nokia, I think Stskeeps' actions are completely understandable.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Sorry to keep on about this, but Stskeeps' responses to abil_uk showed Stskeeps at his finest. If Stskeeps didn't understand that, he was blind.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I fear it is only going to give stskeeps even more of a downward turn.

I disagree with negative threads like this if they are bringing down MeeGo.

It is having a bad enough time as it is without any further help especially from this community to dog matters even more.

PS is it not a better idea to just give it a miss rather than publisize this on Maemo.org?.
Do not corrupt the news threads with personal pokes. It's also off topic to question the reasoning behind MWKN in these threads. If you have an issue with how MWKN is assembled and/or its contents, contact the editors (Jaffa, GeneralAntilles) and/or the community council using the Ask the Council thread.

Thanks.

In general: let's keep this on topic.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
I'm interested in that Asus EEE mentioned in the article, although I have to really question whether MeeGo is the better choice, given that I thought it was heavily geared toward lightweight spec mobile devices and touchscreens. Does MeeGo running on the Asus mean that the drivers for the season will be full open-source or at least available in case you wanted to install Ubuntu, Red Hat, SuSE, or any other flavors of Linux? The articles I poked through didn't seem to indicate that maybe is has a 14.8GB hard drive... maybe SSD? Is that accurate? Seems like a strange number. It seems more likely to be a good fit for Android, oddly enough. o.O

Last edited by danramos; 2011-06-10 at 22:55.

Tags
journal, mwkn_issue, news_digest, sticky wicket