Active Topics

Poll: Best OS for N900?
Poll Options
Best OS for N900?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Valencia (Spain)
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
hey, i love maemo as much as the next guy but i recognize a dead end when i see one
I also loves Maemo ... but I voted for Meego+Cordia (only for developers).

Probably, Maemo will not receive more updates from Nokia, so, in a couple of years, this community will behave like the Amiga OS community while some N900 continues working.

So the natural way seems to maintain Maemo alive in the form of Meego, and move to another hardware such as an HTC Desire or a Samsung Galaxy S II with a wonderfull Maemo UI experience.

I'm not thinking only on the N900, I'm interested in porting Maemo applications and experience to others embedded systems like SCADAs, IVIs, ...

But I have also some thougts after the Nokia+Microsoft alliance. What will happen to Qt? What will happen to Meego?

And what will happen when the first Nokia WP7 phone will appear?

Not sure if Meego is the correct path!. I hate this situation!.

Maemo, Android, iOS and WP7 are not my future options a this moment, so, somebody has other proposals?????

WebOS???

Regards,
Àngel

The Following User Says Thank You to aperles For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Honestly, having touched that code to build it makes it impossible for me to legally reverse engineer it, so that's why.

(Also, I'm really not sharp in ARM machine code)
You hold all the keys i guess but why have you not got MeeGo more adapted for the N900 as it is taking a long time to get anywhere and the very reason people are confused.

I am a realist not a comedian and i tell you if only MeeGo was more progressed for the N900 it would settle a lot of peoples minds i am sure !.

Do you come on the Maemo forum to antagonise or to gain devs? i really do not understand why you do not spend your time on your own named forum for MeeGo, instead you seem to be on Maemo.org all day long and that kind of worries me as to what is actually being done for the N900 MeeGo adaption.
You will see your day i am sure but at this rate it will take a long time, i wish you luck all the same without argument i might add !!!.

I hope the day comes that MeeGo is a complete ui and the dreams become reality because i tell you it will sure as hell make a LOT of people happy which is more than i can say for Maemo progression.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Do you come on the Maemo forum to antagonise or to gain devs? i really do not understand why you do not spend your time on your own named forum for MeeGo, instead you seem to be on Maemo.org all day long and that kind of worries me as to what is actually being done for the N900 MeeGo adaption.
You will see your day i am sure but at this rate it will take a long time, i wish you luck all the same without argument i might add !!!.
It also worries me that you're spending all day posting on talk.maemo.org and ending up doing absolutely nothing for the community.

Do you come here to contribute something valuable or to antagonise devs? I think it's the latter.

(* Also, I wouldn't have to spend that much time here if it wasn't because of people spreading misinformation.)

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2011-06-09 at 16:03.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
It also worries me that you're spending all day posting on talk.maemo.org and ending up doing absolutely nothing for the community.

Do you come here to contribute something valuable or to antagonise devs? I think it's the latter.
I would be able to contribute a lot more if it were not for the fact that MeeGo is confusing everyone on this Maemo based and named forum !.

Carsten if only you would spend as much time on actual work coding MeeGo to a fuller ui that people can actually see some progress instead of trying to correct peoples opinions on a Maemo forum, far too much of your time and talent is wasted here.

PS the proof is in the pudding you know !.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-06-09 at 16:07.

an open maemo would be great, but we've got an open meego now lets work with it. and smoku the cordia project is great work

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany

(* Also, I wouldn't have to spend that much time here if it wasn't because of people spreading misinformation.)

I put abill_uk on my ignore list, but it seems this isn't enough.

After this has been closed:
How about this:
Petition to talk.maemo.org administration to permanently ban
all users responding to a post of abill_uk?

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ lisbon, portugal
Hello you all.
something really bothers me in this maemo/meego thingabang...
n900=maemo and that is it. Meego will always be for "another" smarphone.
Why the hell would I want Meego on a N900?
With maemo I can:
make/receive phone calls;
be online in several social networks / messengers;
Take pictures, Record Videos, Record audio, share/stream to/from all of them in a 100 different formats;
rss,weather,sip phone calls, email, flash, webbrowsing, change ringtones, portrait/landscape;
listen music, radio, web radio, broadcast fm transmission, rds, bluethooh, 2g/3g/wifi, clock, alarms, linux games, webos games, spectrum games, psx games, crack playstaytion, aircrack, gps navigation, overclock, undervolt, multiboot, tablet mode, airplane mode, phone mode, ssh to/from, remote desktop, ftp, sftp, http server, java, python, c, c++, qt, sync, sms, mms................................
sh1t, I can even turn-it on and off!!! And if I really want to be an adventurer, I can evet put it to vibrate and shuve it up my a........ ( or maybe not ).
What could I do with Meego that I can't do with Maemo??? boil eggs? Get a date? Will the phone call be more cheaper? Will it run faster (maybe a 2000Ghz)???
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! IT WILL NEVER DO MORE WITH MEEGO THAT IT DOES WITH MAEMO!!!
N900 is a Maemo smartphone, not a Meego Smartphone, ant Maemo is and will always be the best for it.
The only regret I do have is form the lack of real support and continuity from Nokia, but even that we (n900 users) where "revenged" by Nokia it self (and yes, I'm talking about the upcomming Nokia WindowsPhones).
So, let me say that I'm really sorry for not understanding this "hardon" regardin Meego for N900, it is just what it is, a proofOfConcept and nothing else.

I do hope that future Meego Phones (LG??) can be as good as N900 is with Maemo, but for the moment, who cares... Enjoy your N900, it is and it will probably be always "unique".

Regards.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trlopes1974 For This Useful Post:
I would be able to contribute a lot more if it were not for the fact that MeeGo is confusing everyone on this Maemo based and named forum !.

Carsten if only you would spend as much time on actual work coding MeeGo to a fuller ui that people can actually see some progress instead of trying to correct peoples opinions on a Maemo forum, far too much of your time and talent is wasted here.

PS the proof is in the pudding you know !.
would you please leave TMO??, you already costed us, Stskeeps, who unlike you, did a lot for this community... and i bet many other devs are considering to leave because you antagonize everyone...

so i ask you nicely would you please leave or stop antagonizing everyone, and actually do something usefull instead of your usual stupid fud?

The Following User Says Thank You to chan32167 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by chan32167 View Post
would you please leave TMO??, you already costed us, Stskeeps, who unlike you, did a lot for this community... and i bet many other devs are considering to leave because you antagonize everyone...

so i ask you nicely would you please leave or stop antagonizing everyone, and actually do something usefull instead of your usual stupid fud?
Your words are just fuel for fire. Ignore him totally. He is walking in his own realm of "Haters gonna Hate" and mumbling some random stuff that just happens to come up in his head at that moment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
With all due respect here if you look at the work done to get USB HOST going on Maemo and take a close look at the teamwork that
but it isnt still fixed...like..still sucks in a lot of charge..and in my opinion it must accept any usb device plugged into just like computer does...

Tags
buy cordia tab, cordia vs cssu, more opensource, y this thread?