Active Topics

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Version 0.4.7 uploaded to extras-devel. This version supports following search providers:
  • CloudMade - address only, limited poi search
  • Google Geocoder - address only
  • Google Maps - any query + address (eg. Kraków main square, pizza)
  • Google Maps Local - any query near current view (eg. pizza)

This version also adds an option to provide verbose information about network activity. In order to enable it uncomment the line with "curlVerbose=1" in /opt/cloudgps/cloudgps.ini. Messages are printed to stderr so you will have to start CloudGPS from x-terminal or ssh session to see those messages.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
I have promoted CloudGPS to extras-testing. Please give it a thumbs up
here. Only 10 votes needed to get it to extras. Hopefully this will increase userbase to some extent.

Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
I have promoted CloudGPS to extras-testing. Please give it a thumbs up
here. Only 10 votes needed to get it to extras. Hopefully this will increase userbase to some extent.
voting done.

btw can we have a help page in the app?
I'm having problems to remember all the keyboard keys that are valid in CloudGPS...

The Following User Says Thank You to rolfok For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rolfok View Post
voting done.

btw can we have a help page in the app?
I'm having problems to remember all the keyboard keys that are valid in CloudGPS...
I plan to add rich UI that will make all available functionalities in CloudGPS accessible on touchscreen. This will make it usable on other devices - ie. candybar MeeGo and probably will be ported to Android also.

Right now consult first post in this thread for keyboard shortcuts.

That's OK, but make "rich UI" switchable from config file, please. Now this is the better UI I have ever seen, I needn't any rococo interface elements ;D

The Following User Says Thank You to atya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Is there a way to save map provider and search provider? Because every time I turn it off (Q) it goes back to default settings. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to sneer_69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sneer_69 View Post
Is there a way to save map provider and search provider? Because every time I turn it off (Q) it goes back to default settings. Thanks
This should be default behaviour. Thanks for spotting a little bug introduced in 0.4.7 that prevents loading last used map provider. I will upload fixed version in a couple of hours. And will promote that fixed version for extras-testing too.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Is there a way to define a layer above another map ?

I'm trying to find a way to configure openseamap as a provider ? For mappero I was able to define it, on the bottom layer openstreetmap and above it openseamap.

Originally Posted by beeki View Post
Is there a way to define a layer above another map ?
This feature is not available in current version but it is planned to be added in near future (in July, I hope).

Version 0.4.8 uploaded to extras-devel. It fixes the issue that last used tile provider was not read properly from config file.

I will promote it to extras-testing as soon as the system allows me to. I will let you know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:

Tags
best gps app