Active Topics

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
How about spread some rumors around this:

http://developer.qt.nokia.com/groups...rs_summit/wiki

Maybe attenders will ge a free developerdevice

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
How about spread some rumors around this:

http://developer.qt.nokia.com/groups...rs_summit/wiki

Maybe attenders will ge a free developerdevice
remove Maybe from your post.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Whats going on? No new rumors or leaks?

Booooooooooooring!

The Following User Says Thank You to N9Us For This Useful Post:
dave are you sure?

Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
A word about epic.
hhahaha dude

such a great website and such a funny guy

i tend to agree/am sick of all of the things which he says

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
remove Maybe from your post.
wonder if zehjotkah is going to attend....

The Following User Says Thank You to paweltrzpis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by N9Us View Post
Whats going on? No new rumors or leaks?

Booooooooooooring!
you want some rumor? i have heard that this hole consumer-phone/ dev-device thing is just a big hoax! there will be just one phone for both and it will have a hw keyboard!!!

EDIT: Just Kidding

But i really don’t think there will be any further „leaks“ about that device, cause much have already been said and the announcement is so close that i almost can smell it!

Last edited by zymo; 2011-06-12 at 16:04.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
you want some rumor? i have heard that this hole consumer-phone/ dev-device thing is just a big hoax! there will be just one phone for both and it will have a hw keyboard!!!

EDIT: Just Kidding

But i really don’t think there will be any further „leaks“ about that device, cause much have already been said and the announcement is so close that i almost can smell it!
well dont say that. MrFlop may change mind aggain after sold so bad Q2 (most because of him now It could be like this instead:

around 10 000 "so called" developer devices. Then the consumer devices with harmattan may have been killed by MrFlop and his boring directorsboard.

Instead we will see same non hw is running crap wp7 and announced around end of Q3 instead.

Infact that could be more logic with an idiot atthe drectors board. Maybe CTO was kicked out to make this decision possible....

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-06-12 at 17:10.

I don't really think Mr. Elop is the badguy in this game.

Look, N9 with hwkb was "canceled" because the software was not ready. If it were the way "old" NOKIA want, they would release N9 with hwkb beta software and zero support, so it would have the same luck as n900 if not worser because of shitty software.

Mr. Elop decided not to push n9 with hwkb and wait until the software is ready. It means he really cares about this device and want to make it not geekonly ****.

The Time is running, so they needed a new hardware, and as i said, they wanted it to be counsumerfriendly, nohwkb is a trend today and if it has this all new technologies we were talking about its not a big lost; so i think its not a bad decision not to have hwkb.

Why push WP7? As Elop said, they wanted a strong platform with strong partner in background. The main reason was, to create a new ecosystem (yes i know you cant hear this word anymore, but its a KEYword) to beat apple and android. They had a choice to use android as established platform, but then they would be just another sheep in the crowd. And google would tell them what to do. Not to forget android is a ****. Same as symbian, they could not go far with this os as primary platform.

So they looked for potential and "fast" opportunity to create a modern phone with awesome system and ecosystem (support, maps, store etc.). Alone they juts have not enough power and money to beat monsters like apple and google. Microsoft is a really good partner for this purpose because they have the same goal

Why not maemo 6 as primary plattform? 1. we have already WP7 released, maemo 6 is only to come, so no one knows how it will be and how the consumer will find it.
2. today it is stubit to put all you hopes and money in one device, no one knows how it be.

regardless to all **** you already said about WP7 its by far not a bad os, it just needs to be polished what MS already did with new update and more to come.

As i understood maemo 6 should be developed, tested, brought to consumer, updated, supported and made better along with WP7. And i think at the time, when they see maemo is way better then WP7 they will drop MS or will make the consumer to choose what os for they phone they would like to have.

Maemo is not going to die! NOKIA just need something today or they will die tomorrow!

Changes are always hard to make and to understand, but i think what Elop did was a right decision.

Sorry for my bad english.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to N9Us For This Useful Post:
n9us i hope you are right

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland