While I know a lot of you guys are not Facebook fans, I just had to post my latest discovery.

Welcome to the world of Evony. A Flash based strategy game running via FB on the N900.

For me, this is a big boon because I'm due to lose my net connection soon due to a house move. Means I can carry on playing.

How do you run facebook games on n900 ? flash 10 it's not required for this ?

by the way , can you try this on ur phone ? https://live.trading212.com/chart.js...=1307881538255

Don't be afraid , it's just an advanced chart for forex tradings , wich I can not open on my n900 , it shows a blank page .

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Dhaka, Bangladesh
Reason I am happy. Running PHP5 and MySQL right from the cell.

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
How do you run facebook games on n900 ? flash 10 it's not required for this ?

by the way , can you try this on ur phone ? https://live.trading212.com/chart.js...=1307881538255

Don't be afraid , it's just an advanced chart for forex tradings , wich I can not open on my n900 , it shows a blank page .
It is a flash based game, and I've got Tweak Flash plugin installed and set to Android 1o.1.61 (FroYo).
Not sure why it works so well, maybe the developers are not using the full features of Flash 10. The chat window actually works too.
I also used to play a FB game called Knighthood on the 900 until they shut the game down.

Just trying your link now. I get the Flashblock placeholder then it seems to get stuck on the "Initializing" screen.

Last edited by stickymick; 2011-06-12 at 18:59.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
... and set to Android 1o.1.61 (FroYo).
Hehe.

Works also on actual Android Froyo devices. No reason to love your N900 so hard.

Cheers!

Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
Hehe.

Works also on actual Android Froyo devices. No reason to love your N900 so hard.

Cheers!
Doesn't really bother me that it does.
The way I see it is the more devices this stuff actually works on the better. Simply because it makes it far more tempting for device manufacturers to make their devices fully web compliant, thus having the knock-on effect of forcing the networks to spend some of our hard earned cash to actually bring the web to mobile devices instead of grinding away at the antiquated WAP and dressing it up to look like the web.