Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
true the had the biggest ecosystem in the world. Now they are dreaming. They are still 2 years from even call it a ecosystem. alot can happen in that time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
What "ecosystem"!? They are in same shape as before== not ready. What is the diference go Wp7 and continute development using Qt on Symbian and MaemoHarmattan(and merge back to Meego)!?

Dont come say Wp7 "ecossystem" is readey cause it is NOT!
They are supporting symbian until 2016 because they can't just stop^^ They want to make the transision as smooth as possible.

And as i already said, they need a partner to compete with google and apple, alone its impossible. Symbian is no longer uptodate system, and as Elop said its hard to develope on Symbian, they need something new. To come up with maemo/meego and to say, hey we want to kill apple and google.... its just silly

And about ecosystem, WP7 have already appstore etc. MeeGo has nothing. And will not have in near future. So compare with Meego WP7 HAS an ecosystem that sure will be improved.

The Following User Says Thank You to N9Us For This Useful Post:
As i already said, symbian is nogo. they need something new, and of course to build something new they must destroy the old thing.

Changes are not easy and only the time will show, was it correct or not. But to blame Elop today is silly i think.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N9Us For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
have you even tried win7. Its a joke at the moment.

I think, the problem is, You all hate MS^^

Win7 is a nice sytsem along with WP7 Sure it has enough room for improvement, but i like it.

Have you tried MeeGo with current Ui on smartphones? Its a bigger joke

have you tried maemo 6? only time will show how good or bad it is

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Posting just to participate in this epic thread!

First post, and waiting anxiously for the new Harmattan/Meego phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
we don't need WP7

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to viic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by N9Us View Post
They are supporting symbian until 2016 because they can't just stop^^ They want to make the transision as smooth as possible.

And as i already said, they need a partner to compete with google and apple, alone its impossible. Symbian is no longer uptodate system, and as Elop said its hard to develope on Symbian, they need something new. To come up with maemo/meego and to say, hey we want to kill apple and google.... its just silly

And about ecosystem, WP7 have already appstore etc. MeeGo has nothing. And will not have in near future. So compare with Meego WP7 HAS an ecosystem that sure will be improved.
if we talking Appstores, Nokia already has nokiastore and the plan was to use this for Symbian and Meego and use Qt as the app framework for both OS:es. Now they just ****ed it up by going WP wish has made devs frustrated. And if MrFlop continue with his FUD he will for sure kill QT inside Nokia cause no appdevs will trust Nokias so called "support to 2016 Symbian strategy."

Nokia will also us its own nokiastore in the case of WP so again I dont get the point kill Qt/Meego inside Nokia and go WP?

In both cases the fully infrastructure is not ready to compete with Google. But going in bed with Microsoft is most the times bigfail.

Take a look att other companys what has happened in history! The same will go for Nokia... Microsoft steal the best of the company and left them even more damaged!!!

This is only a win situation for Microsoft NOT Nokia.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-06-12 at 20:17.

Im sure it will be better than win 7 at the moment. But we will see.

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-06-12 at 20:08.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by N9Us View Post
I think, the problem is, You all hate MS^^

Win7 is a nice sytsem along with WP7 Sure it has enough room for improvement, but i like it.

Have you tried MeeGo with current Ui on smartphones? Its a bigger joke
Since when was there any official Meego smarthphone on the market!?

And btw since when was there a commercial Handset UI avaible!?

And btw., I am sure stuff from Harmattan will be stoled and implemented in WP8 thats how Microsoft always doing it!

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-06-12 at 20:27.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland