Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Yes he did a great and noble thing, he shot his own legs. Now everybody know symbian (consumers) is dead.

As a secondary effect, he caused a large exodus of people possessing the mobile-applications-know-how. The competitors are already delighted.
Imo finally someone has the balls to announce Symbian is and was dead in the long run.
What does it matter if he announces it now or 9 months later? Lets stop the circus OPK has been doing past 4 years where nobody knows what Nokia is doing and put these Nokia's own doomed, nobody cares small projects on stop where Nokia has proven time after time that it can't create working software and compete against Apple or Google. It never has been, they bought Symbian 2008 and it has declined ever after that. Nokia has all the means to survive for far longer time than before first Windows Phones come out.

It was either Android or WP, not MeeGo or Harmattan or Symbian. I totally agree, WP was 10x times better option than Android for Nokia.

Non of the options where good anymore but that's what you get when you got lawyer OPK running Europes most profitable (before he came to CEO) tech company for 4 years. Hopefully some Nokia exec(Vanjoki) will write a book about that guy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
I don't see anything bad with WP7, don't get me wrong! I want MeeGo, i thought it was gonna extend on what maemo was gonna do but maybe not now... I actually like WP7 i used it, lovely piece of software but still needs some features, but i wud hands down! buy WP7 if only they could allow me to put some kind of background! i hate that all black BG!

you really dont get it do you! The meego.org will never have an fullfeatured handset UI for commercial use. its upto the companys to write it.

In this case Nokia had Harmattan UI and it IS ready.
Harmatan is not MeeGo. thought it is supposed to be MeeGo API Compatible, but since they didn't get the blessing from FOSS Community i doubt it.

Also, WP7, they didn't need to write the UI for this OS

And i have nothing against sharing features, if nokia decide or allow MS to use the same feature as maemo, so be it.

May i ask what OS are you using on your home computer?

Last edited by N9Us; 2011-06-12 at 21:36.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Hungary, Szeged
I agree with N9Us.
And I think the only very bad decision was to announce the symbians slow death back in february when they haven't got any non-symbian smartphone

The Following User Says Thank You to madstunt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
WP7 is going nowhere but down, it's a joke. New flashy Symbian (Belle) will crush it just wait and see. And Meego benefits from a strong Symbian too as both use Qt.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by N9Us View Post
Harmatan is not MeeGo. thought it is supposed to be MeeGo API Compatible, but since they didn't get the blessing from FOSS Community i doubt it.

Also, WP7, they didn't need to write the UI for this OS

And i have nothing against sharing features, if nokia decide or allow MS to use the same feature as maemo, so be it.

May i ask what OS are you using on your home computer?
So why is that intresting to know?! But if you really wanna know:

Not Microsoft thats for sure I have already stated why! But I guess you dont wanna read that sentence or just wanna make fun of "Linux fanatics"!

But I am not that kind of person so dont try make fun of it cause its just pointless/stupid.

I think you are overreacting,
Calm down, its just a discussion.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
and btw why do we talk about WP7 anyway in a thread about N9?

and why talk wp7 in a MAEMO forum I guess this site is begining to die for real know.

many has leaved and we have started flamewar each other about Maemo vs WP7 and it seems most has given up on Maemo/Meego.

I guess that exacly what MrFlop wants soo maybe it is time to leave this community anyway

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
and btw why do we talk about WP7 anyway in a thread about N9?

and why talk wp7 in a MAEMO forum I guess this site is begining to die for real know.

many has leaved and we have started flamewar each other about Maemo vs WP7 and it seems most has given up on Maemo/Meego.

I guess that exacly what MrFlop wants soo maybe it is time to leave this community anyway
When the thread becomes EPIC, you tend to lose sight of what it was even about from the get go.

How many are even considering the N9 phone? For me I might just hold off on it, kind of getting tired of playing with phones with unfinished OS's from Maemo, to WP7 to Harmattan/ MeeGo "compatible" seems like I'm jumping around to OS's that are on the first trial run. Probably wait for WP7 Mango release and then re-evaluate my position.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
If you go to google news and type in "Nokia".. it seems to be nothing but negative stories about how they are on the decline..

I'd be worried that over the last few weeks maybe someone at board level has decided to shelve the N9... Elop has said there will be a MeeGo device, it could be a tablet for all we know...

There really should have been at least some sort of announcement by now.....

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland