Poll: I want a device for fun, to get to know it and learn from it wich shall be it?
Poll Options
I want a device for fun, to get to know it and learn from it wich shall be it?

I feel the MeeGo announcement is just going to be another Iphone clone anyway. In Maemo, they dropped MMS. Now, under Elop, Copy & Paste will be two $1.99 nAppstore applications. Since Nokia de-opensourced Symbian (OMG!) , I can't honestly say I believe Nokia will release an MeeGo phone without purposefully sabotaging it.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
Here's something different for your consideration:

Kyocera Echo Dual-Screen Smartphone Exclusively from Sprint Announced

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...510456638.html
I like all those damned to fail super mechanical solutions. They remind me of this and this and this and, it's not mechanical but you know what I mean (this)

I will check it out!

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-09-27 at 17:55.

Originally Posted by giorgosmit View Post
Have you thought about the Nokia E6? Being on the same boat as you, I was looking mainly at the pre3... but when I saw the E6 I fell in love. It's not as fancy as a big-***** slate device, but the new symbian Anna looks veeeeery interesting, it has a very nice keyboard and stuff like USB host mode, freakishly long battery life etc. Plus it looks pretty good.
That's a ppi I wanna see
Screen size: 2.46"
TFT LCD
Resolution: VGA (640 x 480), pixels per inch: 326ppi

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-09-27 at 17:55.

And here I was, thinking the HTC Diamond2 had an interesting ppi.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Greece
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
That's a ppi I wanna see
Well, the closest analog is the iphone 4's screen. I 've seen it up close, and it's REALLY impressive. That should put the "omg symbian is pixelated" comments out for good.

The Following User Says Thank You to giorgosmit For This Useful Post:
I don't know if MSFT is shelling out it's cash so that the WP handsets are competitively priced but both LG optimus 7 and HTC 7 trophy were just under 200? last week and with a 123? euro subsidy it was just too tempting. So I am posting from a very nice looking Ghz 'i wanna be iPhone' device. Very sexy UI, fast, excellent keyboard, dreadful ie.
Market is not available in my region and though after some failed attempts I got in the UK market, I can't buy anything cause my credit card address is of course non UK. Antialiasing is horrible on ie, text is more readable on the 360x640 i8910 than on the 800x480 optimus. These are my first thoughts, it will be my primary phone for a while and I will post how is life with it.
P.S. Maps look nice but functionality is limited, and I like the spell checker. Oh and there is no Greek input...

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-09-27 at 17:56.

If you don't need to use it as a phone, how about the Viliv n5 (or s5)? I got a Viliv N5 off ebay for 410 USD (with an additional battery). I should get it in a few days, and I am very excited about it.

Has it arrived? How is it? Can you put meego on it?

I'm actually thinking about getting an Motorola Atrix. I'm up for a new plan with AT&T and it's $100 right now... for a 1ghz tegra2, qHD screen, 1gb ram...

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tushyd View Post
I'm actually thinking about getting an Motorola Atrix. I'm up for a new plan with AT&T and it's $100 right now... for a 1ghz tegra2, qHD screen, 1gb ram...
I don't get these operators "cheap" deals. Now only for $100, but don't forget send us $20 or something monthly for 2 years
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers