Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Galaxy Tab 10.1 + American Airlines = in flight entertainment

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...-entertainment

It's nice to see Android breaking out into other markets!

It will be exciting to see Android and the ADT connect to other devices to play a meaningful role in other industries -- for example connecting to a medical apparatus to better diagnose and communicate information.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
So then, which method worked for you? Tell!
I rooted first a image with odin and oneclick and steaight after that the newest firmware.so i did get root, the newest firmware and my branding was gone after that too just perfect and compared to maemo flasher its as easy as it can get.

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Funny, because it's true..

http://www.androidcentral.com/oatmea...tphones-nsfw-l
COMIC: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/smartphone [NSFW]

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2011-06-13 at 19:28.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
The Huawei Media pad is a powerful 7" slate:

http://androidandme.com/2011/06/vide...ocessor-video/

Packing a 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon (MSM8660 is likely), this should compete very favourable against Tegra 2, all in a very classy 7" enclosure.

If the price is right, this is looking mighty tempting.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
FYI I was able to root the Tab with Super One Click. The latest original firmware (still Froyo unfortunately) does not root with Z4root.
My experience was different with that firmware. I'm running the original shipped Android 2.2 firmware on my Samsung Galaxy Tab and successfully rooted using z4root.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Considering the way talk.maemo.org has been losing valuable people ever since the move to a ME TOO telephone OS forum (since Maemo went the way of competing with iPhone/Android/Blackberry/etc and proving that it was a far better tablet OS than phone OS)...

...but we've managed to make connections here with intelligent and interesting people we don't necessarily want to lose touch with in case.. something? happens to this forum and we lose touch. I wanted to ask the question of this particular thread of Android watchers... where would you go if TMO were to disappear? Would any of us run into each other? More importantly, how can we continue to talk to each other in the absence of TMO? ...or does that matter at all?

--

I personally would be continuing to frequent the Droid Fans group in Facebook and browse through XDA Forums and the rare visit to MeeGo.org. I wouldn't mind added some of you to Facebook and I'm pretty sure most of you are probably on XDA. I'm not so sure about MeeGo.org--although I've seen some of you there too, but I have far less to say there seeing as how I can't use MeeGo (that itself being an issue!).
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Considering the way talk.maemo.org has been losing valuable people ever since the move to a ME TOO telephone OS forum (since Maemo went the way of competing with iPhone/Android/Blackberry/etc and proving that it was a far better tablet OS than phone OS)...

...but we've managed to make connections here with intelligent and interesting people we don't necessarily want to lose touch with in case.. something? happens to this forum and we lose touch. I wanted to ask the question of this particular thread of Android watchers... where would you go if TMO were to disappear? Would any of us run into each other? More importantly, how can we continue to talk to each other in the absence of TMO? ...or does that matter at all?

--

I personally would be continuing to frequent the Droid Fans group in Facebook and browse through XDA Forums and the rare visit to MeeGo.org. I wouldn't mind added some of you to Facebook and I'm pretty sure most of you are probably on XDA. I'm not so sure about MeeGo.org--although I've seen some of you there too, but I have far less to say there seeing as how I can't use MeeGo (that itself being an issue!).
That's a good question.

Currently, my spare time is spent reading RSS feeds and posting in this forum. I'm not engaged in any other forms of internet socializing (no facebook -- not even chat, and minimally email), so I suspect that if this forum goes away, or enough members split, I will likely occupy my time with other interests.

It's somewhat sad to think of...

I've been toying with the notion of using my free time helping some aspect of software development. I am very interested in graphics research, and have been incrementally putting my time into it.

Attractively priced entry-level audiophile ear buds:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/13/9...se-isolation-f

For those that have never used anything but a crappy pair of headphones, do yourself a favour and try something a bit more expensive for that special Android in your life.

But wait for the reviews! Cost isn't everything!

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
That's a good question.

Currently, my spare time is spent reading RSS feeds and posting in this forum. I'm not engaged in any other forms of internet socializing (no facebook -- not even chat, and minimally email), so I suspect that if this forum goes away, or enough members split, I will likely occupy my time with other interests.

It's somewhat sad to think of...

I've been toying with the notion of using my free time helping some aspect of software development. I am very interested in graphics research, and have been incrementally putting my time into it.
Good question. It seems like other on other forums, I tend to stick in a device specific section. Xda - vibrant, androidtablets.net - huawei. This thread serves for most of my android info, l suppose because most of us have similar interests in what we want of a tablet.

A couple years ago, I wanted a tablet tethered to a phone. The N900 was a nice convergence device. Now, I'm back to a tethered tablet. This thread seems to be one of the better sources for info thanks to Capt'n's diligence. I almost wish they'd switch back to ITT, and open up the discussion to other tablets more (as opposed to competitors).

But big thanks to Capt'n for keeping it going.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
...I wanted to ask the question of this particular thread of Android watchers... where would you go if TMO were to disappear? Would any of us run into each other? More importantly, how can we continue to talk to each other in the absence of TMO? ...or does that matter at all?
I will surely miss this community a lot. I follow many of the formerly active TMO members on Twitter, but it's not the same.

Your post prompted me to change my signature.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy