Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Is there a certain variable that tells the screen how big VKB is?

If you could state that it's actually bigger, that would scroll the text even higher on the screen.

Does that make any sense to you?
I do not know and am not aware of other people finding such a thing. Sorry to say I also doubt it would be worth investing in doing such a thing for Maemo 4.1.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I got a new Google voice number. I have installed Dial central to make calls within US using google voice but when i am unable to do that. Is there any steps should i follow? I have a unlimited data plan but i do not know how to intialte a call ? Can anyone help?

Originally Posted by rrdbala View Post
Hi,

I got a new Google voice number. I have installed Dial central to make calls within US using google voice but when i am unable to do that. Is there any steps should i follow? I have a unlimited data plan but i do not know how to intialte a call ? Can anyone help?
Could you detail the steps you followed and what is not working, what errors are being reported, etc?

Normally once you login for the first time you get a dialog to configure DC which most importantly includes setting the number for your real phone. Once you've set that you should be able to make a call without problems.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
epage, I think there's something wrong with the DC icon:
I wanted to add an shortcut to DC on one of my home screens so I had opened up the "add shortcut" menu.
The DC icon was "stretched". None of the other icons were stretched.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
epage, I think there's something wrong with the DC icon:
I wanted to add an shortcut to DC on one of my home screens so I had opened up the "add shortcut" menu.
The DC icon was "stretched". None of the other icons were stretched.
You mean regular Maemo 5 desktop shortcut? I've had one the whole time and not had any issues...

Originally Posted by epage View Post
You mean regular Maemo 5 desktop shortcut? I've had one the whole time and not had any issues...
The icons looks as it should once it is on the home screen.
Before I put it on the home screen - in the icons list, it looks stretched.

The icons looks as it should once it is on the home screen.
Before I put it on the home screen - in the icons list, it looks stretched.
I just removed it and re-added it and it all looked fine. What release are you running? I'm using PR1.2 still

I just removed it and re-added it and it all looked fine. What release are you running? I'm using PR1.2 still
I'm using PR1.3
Screenshot attached
Attached Images

I'm using PR1.3
Screenshot attached
Strange, it is using a different icon size between releases. I guess I could just remove that size...

Could you detail the steps you followed and what is not working, what errors are being reported, etc?

Normally once you login for the first time you get a dialog to configure DC which most importantly includes setting the number for your real phone. Once you've set that you should be able to make a call without problems.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

As I am running out of my minutes, I would like to use Google Voice for local US calls as it is free.

So I registered on google voice and got a number. Now I have installed "Dial central" and logged in with my GV username and password. It picked up my GV number automatically. I also entered the call back number to my mobile.

So if I dial any US number , it rings on my mobile. That confuses me. If i remove the call back number, I am unable to make any outgoing calls using my data ( like VOIP).

I am sure i am doing something wrong here. Could you please explain me how i can make outbound calls ( just i make free calls from google voice dialer on my browser).

Thanks again.