Active Topics

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Hmm. I wonder what it is...... It better not be some new OVI Store website design announcement or something.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
I don't really like the silence, I feel 2012 is coming earlier then expected.

hi, i've not really been following the thread.

not to upset any people here who work at nokia and are possibly running around whichever country sorting this phone out. But, will this bad boy n950 or n9 kill the samsung s2 in terms of not being like a mainstream phone because of the os?

i do hope this n950 will be like that black image scrolling around with the two types of keyboard, right now, despite not customizing my n900 much these are the things i anticipate buying the n950 over the samsung galaxy s2

1. a desktop dock which doesnt require an ugly lead so something nice and smooth
2. a super fast processor 1.2Ghz+ dual core
3.battery 1600mhz+ as standard, 1800mhz upgrade without ugly larger backplate
4.meego to be as hackable as maemo with debian
5.super amoled, damn nice display
6.800x480 would be ok, but not the resolution of the e7, please no
7. weight. just make it lighter than iphone 4 so <138 grams or so.
8. some kind of gorilla glass would be quite nice but not essential i guess
9.im a little unsure if is it necessary but firefox syncing of bookmarks should also make its way to the meego device. i imagine when 4g arrives in the uk this would set android and iphones away from meego purely for this reason. is maemo5 backwards compatible in that sense to maemo5?

at the end of the day imo alot of phones will kill off iphone because they'll never have a removeable battery
that teaser video just looks like the e7, im still a bit confused about this phone as id really like the double keyboard,
atm with my n900 i love flicking it open and being able to do things really quickly and its a shame capactive screens are making smartphones that little less practical. But with a double keyboard concept, this would be nice. Ive come from a htc hd2 having hard keys for answering ending calls and capacitive, and it didnt really work, so im all for key layout in the samsung galaxy s2 atm

the samsung g2s has broken iphone4 sale records here in the uk. im not sure if its in the states yet but from what i expect of nokia. they should be blowing everything out of the water. symbian anna will not do for me. no firefox . enough said

Last edited by seasharkvvv; 2011-06-13 at 23:58.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by seasharkvvv View Post
1. a desktop dock which doesnt require an ugly lead so something nice and smooth
1. I would like this too.
2. All we can do is pray that it uses STE U8500 SoC (dual core A9)
3. I highly doubt this. Test Lankku device had non-user replaceable battery. (like N8/E7)
4. It probably will be if good devs pick it up. (I want overclocking regardless of CPU. lol)
5. It might be CBD AMOLED. (which is equivalent to SAMOLED - but not the Plus)
6. We already know it is WVGA. Well, the test Lankku device was anyways.
7. Without the keyboard, that should be possible.
8. If it does have extra "feedback" layer which has been flying about, it probably won't be. But hopefully be just as durable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
thanks. i just edited my original a little with need for firefox .
cant believe theyre scrapping removeable batteries .
with my n900 atm life is a breeze with a wall charger for batt and i just swap them over

again practicality wise sa sung s2 gets points for its pc destop suite where u can send texts and stuff. i dont know. if the cradle is goodenough and pc suite smooth then maybe i could overlook the non removeable battery. having said that alot of users for development purposes will use the fne directly in linux/meego

sent from my n900

Last edited by seasharkvvv; 2011-06-14 at 00:09.

Originally Posted by seasharkvvv View Post
hi, i've not really been following the thread.

not to upset any people here who work at nokia and are possibly running around whichever country sorting this phone out. But, will this bad boy n950 or n9 kill the samsung s2 in terms of not being like a mainstream phone because of the os?

i do hope this n950 will be like that black image scrolling around with the two types of keyboard, right now, despite not customizing my n900 much these are the things i anticipate buying the n950 over the samsung galaxy s2

9.im a little unsure if is it necessary but firefox syncing of bookmarks should also make its way to the meego device. i imagine when 4g arrives in the uk this would set android and iphones away from meego purely for this reason. is maemo5 backwards compatible in that sense to maemo5?

at the end of the day imo alot of phones will kill off iphone because they'll never have a removeable battery
that teaser video just looks like the e7, im still a bit confused about this phone as id really like the double keyboard,
atm with my n900 i love flicking it open and being able to do things really quickly and its a shame capactive screens are making smartphones that little less practical. But with a double keyboard concept, this would be nice. Ive come from a htc hd2 having hard keys for answering ending calls and capacitive, and it didnt really work, so im all for key layout in the samsung galaxy s2 atm

the samsung g2s has broken iphone4 sale records here in the uk. im not sure if its in the states yet but from what i expect of nokia. they should be blowing everything out of the water. symbian anna will not do for me. no firefox . enough said
I agree with this post so much. Took the words right out my mouth and this is what everyone will be comparing it too.

i already give up hope i am not liking what i heard.
no hardware keyboard and 8mpx.

for that i rather get a samsung galaxy SII, actually already saving my pennies.

n9/n950 wont have either third party companies or nokia support, support mainly by the comunity but we may not even get good stuff like swype or tweetdeck. or popular Whatsapp.

sadly maemo 5/meego had much potential, but waste by new CEO, will on the route to kick nokia out smartphone relevance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oslo, Norway
maybe we can put tweaked maemo on it with tri boot android and meego

Don't be so gloomy, this is just the quiet before the storm.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Originally Posted by Jay Montano
Not sure we’re allowed to post about this yet

I was meant to go on this but stuck in Manchester with other appointments. Serg will let you guys know what he’s up to soon!

It’s ‘BIG’ dot dot dot
http://mynokiablog.com/tips/comment-...comment-101209
Things the Nokia blogs tend to think of as "BIG..." which I don't care about:
  • Symbian Anna availability
  • New S40 devices
  • New Symbian^3 devices
  • Symbian advocacy programmes (e.g. PUSH N8)
  • Windows Phone launch

The Harmattan launch would be great, but I'd hope some members of the community would be invited if it was happening soon (like we were to the N900 launch). I wonder what the Council's availability is next week ;-)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland